Vox The Delta IV

All user reviews for the Vox The Delta IV

4-string bass guitar from Vox belonging to the Bass series.

• moosersmoosers

Vox The Delta IVPublished on 01/25/11 at 18:03
    Vox's The Delta IV is a four string electric bass guitar. I believe this bass was first made in the late 1960's, although I don't know for how long it was made or where it was manufactured. It's a unique bass for a few reasons - it's got a unique body and a number of extra controls that you won't find on too many other basses, including built in distortion. I don't know what materials this bass is made from, but it's definitely a well made instrument.

The feel of the Vox The Delta IV is really cozy and easy to play. I like it because it's nice and tight feeling. It's easy enough to control the tone, volume, and distortion booster built in here, but there's a lot of controls at hand - more than your average bass for sure. I don't think a manual is necessary, but it might be helpful.

The sound of the Vox The Delta IV is a lot like it looks, with an extremely tight sound. It's a flexible bass as it has a number of controls for varying up your sound a bit, including the built in overdrive which is something I haven't seen on many basses if any at all out there. I don't know what other more traditional bass I'd liken it to, as it definitely has a sound all it's own. It's perfect for recording because of this, but I don't know if it's the best choice for an overall gigging bass. We've got one in the studio I work at for this reason...

All in all, I'm a huge fan of Vox's The Delta IV bass. It's very unique, which in my book counts for a lot. I love having it around the studio as you never know when you might want a sound that's different from your standard P and Jazz bass sounds. I'm not sure what kind of price this commands at all, but it's worth looking into for those experienced bass players who might already have a few basses. It's definitely best suited as a compliment bass rather than your go to instrument, but will most likely excel however you decide to use it.