Yamaha RBX170
Yamaha RBX170

4-string bass guitar from Yamaha belonging to the RBX series.

AlexBadsmile AlexBadsmile

Vintage Bridge
24frettes
2 microphones, microphone and a knob for a knob for tone

The Channel:
Before playing bass, I played on a folk guitar with a low-end stick as thick as a buche ... the difference was dramatic! The handle of the RBX170 is fine and very fast, unvarnished real highway!
Access to acute frets is easy, except perhaps for the last two, that being said, it's not a bass and guitar =)

The Body:
There is a small hand rests comfortable when playing with a pick for the game to the finger, one thumb rests on the bridge pickup, and it's gone!
Body and handle are very well balanced, the attachment of the strap is well positioned

The Look:

Very Pretty! I own the model with a varnish that is closer to orange, nail looks very end, and lets see just below the beautiful shine of wood. Listed as luting and finishing is not bad at all, nothing left to desired

The sound? because I did not much like, this section could be incomplete, that being said when I wanted a particular sound, I managed to get it!
I play on Fender Rumble 150w, usually in clear or with a little distortion added by the amplifiers.
Nets mounted on plates Addario.

The neck pickup alone is exactly what I expected: Although heavy, with deep bass but a lack of punch. It is very good! but it's pretty hard to do crunches

Bridge pickup: Rock Sound! beginner, I do not play a lot with this microphone, but its a was a big mistake, he gives all the personality of this bass. Finger as a pick, it is very powerful and round, by modulating a little while we come almost to a close of his "Jack Bruce" in Cream. Crunch it fairly easily, metals see them happy!

Both microphone and playing the tone: It comes against a standard set by turning the neck pickup to the max, the bridge was half and half a tone too, has left the modulated amplifier.
I just wish it is not possible to switch between the two microphone, which then allows to put forward during the low crossing busy with the bridge pickup.
Side slap, a friend slappiste said she was pretty good, even mounted flat nets.

The sound is okay and modular, to be here a versatile bass.
7 / 10 for lack of personality of the neck pickup

Overall I would say it's a very decent bass for a beginner or a sophisticated wanting to explore a little. The value for money is not bad, it was not the best coffee in the world but frankly it is very forward in its price range.

7 / 10 is just right, I never had to complain or sound quality of the product since I use it (already 1year and a half)