[NAMM] Korg Pandora Mini
Korg (booth 6440) launched the Pandora line of battery-powered multi-effect processors.
Powered by Korg’s REMS (Resonant structure and Electronic circuit Modeling System), the Pandora Mini delivers 158 effects, divided into seven categories:
- Pickup and Dynamic Models
- Amp Models
- Cabinet Models
- Modulation and Filter Effects
- Noise Reduction
Up to seven effects can be used simultaneously in a single Program. There are 400 Programs available in the Pandora Mini: 200 Preset Programs and 200 User Program locations for storing new or customized sounds. Of the 200 Preset Programs, 115 are Song Presets; each one is designed to capture the signature tone used by a legendary guitarist to create one of their classic hits. Four Memory buttons instantly call up the user’s favorite presets.
The Pandora Mini also contains 100 rhythm and metronome patterns that are suited to tempo training, jamming and composing. The Tap button is designed to make it easy to set the rhythm or delay tempo. The AUX input allows jamming along with an MP3 player, CD player, etc. The AUX pitch function varies the pitch of the audio input by ±1 octave. An auto-tuner with muting is also built in.
Pandora Mini is battery powered. It can also be powered via USB when connected to a computer. Once connected, the sound editing software (free download) can be used to easily edit and manage libraries of programs.
Pricing & Availability
The Korg Pandora Mini multi-effect processor will be available April 2011 with a U.S. MSRP of $225.00.
Korg is exhibiting at Booth 6440 (Hall A) at the 2011 Winter NAMM Show in Anaheim.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] DigiTech Guitar & Bass Amps DigiTech announced the introduction of its first guitar and bass amplifiers at NAMM 2011(Booth #212A).
- [NAMM] Grid1 Pedal Jeanie Grid 1 will be launching a battery-powered pedalboard called the "Pedal Jeanie".
- [NAMM] Planet Waves Beatles Woven Guitar Straps Planet Waves announces the release of the new Beatles Woven Guitar Straps.