Zoom 505 Guitar
Zoom 505 Guitar
Heavyspender Heavyspender
Publié le 04/23/08 à 09:22
Multi-effects pedal with 42 programmable / editable presets. I believe this is a digital device. The main effects categories this unit has includes compressor/limiter, wah, &quot;drive&quot;, Equalizer, noise suppressor, pitch modulation, delay, and reverb. All effects can be used at the same time, which is great. Within the modulation category, you can set the unit for flange, chorus, phaser, tremolo, just to name a few. You can also choose between 4 different amp models as well as an additional 7 types of &quot;drive.&quot; Connections are a standard input and output as well as a 9volt connector for power supply. The output also doubles as a headphone in, which is cool. Unfortunately, the presets/effects cannot be edited via a Mac/PC editor utility program. This is designed as a floor pedal, so it is not rackable.

The actual face of the pedal is easy to understand and utilize. As far as actually navigating the presets in order to tweak them or modify them,the unit takes some playing around with. This is where the manual, though long, comes in. The manual is very self-explanatory and explains the operation simply and easily. The only reason the manual is so long and why it takes a long time to figure out the extent of this unit's capabilities is because there are so many options/sounds that can be coaxed out of this little unit.

For being digital, the effects on this little unit are very solid, and many of them are sufficiently realistic. For example, I feel it does the Fender Twin very well. Use that setting on any amp, close your eyes, and you'd swear there's a Fender Twin right beside you. If you want a Mesa or a Marshall, you can have something darn close to them. There is a Soldano lead setting, and a psychedelic Jimmy Hendrix sound. The standard wah sound is pretty spot on as well. If you want to sound like standard Eddie Van Halen, or if you want his &quot;unchained&quot; flanging sound, this unit can give you both, and is pretty much right on the money. There is a tweed preset with a cool tremolo effect that sounds great for country, western, or blues. If I had to name some cons, the acoustic modeler is not that great. There are also 2 entire &quot;banks&quot; or sets of 6 presets that are kind of cheesy sounding for the most part. But the great news is that these can be edited, so you have room to create your own unique presets. Overall, I've got so many sounds at my disposal with just this one unit. Much cheaper than buying several pedals, or even worse, several amps. I use this unit only with my Ibanez RG 120, and it is perfect.

I have been using this since the beginning of the year. The more I get used to it, there is nothing I really don't like about it. I am actually more of a purist, plugging straight from the guitar to the amp. But this unit just makes me such a &quot;tonal chameleon,&quot; I have so many options for changing my sound depending on the song, it's great. The distortion choices alone make me drool every time I think about it. I checked out a similar Korg unit as well as the Behringer V-AMP floor pedal, but this one was available at a great price. As soon as I plugged it in and played a couple of chords/solos at the guitar store, I was already sold. I ended up playing it for another entire hour before I left the store and brought it home, that's how much fun this unit is. This is probably the best $50 I've spent on equipment. I really don't see myself needing any other pedals, unless I upgrade and replace the ones I have currently. So many sounds and options all in one unit. I do not regret the choice I made and if I needed to, I would buy this again.