Kiesel introduces the Aries A8 8-string guitar
The Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop presents the Aries A8, a 27" scale 8-string bolt-neck guitar model which completes the brand's Aries Series.
Like the Aries A6 and A7, the A8 features an aggressively beveled body, reminiscent of the SCB Series. Sculpted horns, inspired by the Vader Series headless guitars, further accentuate the styling of the guitars, while allowing easy access high on the 24-fret fingerboard. The redesigned, sculpted neck heel is said to contribute to the ease of playing high on the fingerboard, and the elimination of the neck plate in favor of ferrules adds to the sleek design of the instrument. Dual carbon-fiber rods, along with a 2-way fully adjustable truss rod aim at ensuring that the neck is stable.
Other features of the A8 include a standard alder body, a weight-reducing chambered body option, 4x4 pointed headstock, a standard Hipshot bridge, and direct-mount Kiesel Lithium humbuckers. Many Custom Shop options (including body and neck woods, top woods, fingerboard woods, fretwire, inlays and much more) are also available. Like all Kiesel and Carvin Guitars instruments, the Aries Series is made in the USA at the brand's southern California facility.
Standard features include:
- Alder body and tung-oiled maple bolt neck
- 4 X 4 pointed headstock with Kiesel logo
- Kiesel Guitars premium locking tuners
- Standard Hipshot™ bridge; optional Original Floyd Rose tremolo
- Chrome hardware
- 27" scale rosewood fingerboard with mother-of-pearl diamond inlays
- 24 medium-jumbo frets
- Kiesel Lithium K16 Series passive pickups
- 5-way pickup selector, master volume and master tone controls
List price is announced at $2,199 for the standard model, it is announced available for $1,099 (or even $999 as a current special sale price) direclty from Kiesel/Carvin Guitars' website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Trivmph Guitars launch Kickstarter project Italian guitar manufacturer Trivmph Guitars has launched a Kickstarter project to finance the development of its GP1 heel-less electric guitar.
- New Kiesel/Carvin Ultra V7 model KLiesel/Carvin Guitars has recently introduced the Ultra V7, a 7-string version of their V-shaped Ultra V guitar.
- Dean introduces new Dimebag model Dean Guitars has introduced new models for their 2016 collection, including another Dimebag Darrel-inspired model, the Pantera Southern Trendkill ML.