Kiesel introduces the Aries A8 8-string guitar
The Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop presents the Aries A8, a 27" scale 8-string bolt-neck guitar model which completes the brand's Aries Series.
Like the Aries A6 and A7, the A8 features an aggressively beveled body, reminiscent of the SCB Series. Sculpted horns, inspired by the Vader Series headless guitars, further accentuate the styling of the guitars, while allowing easy access high on the 24-fret fingerboard. The redesigned, sculpted neck heel is said to contribute to the ease of playing high on the fingerboard, and the elimination of the neck plate in favor of ferrules adds to the sleek design of the instrument. Dual carbon-fiber rods, along with a 2-way fully adjustable truss rod aim at ensuring that the neck is stable.
Other features of the A8 include a standard alder body, a weight-reducing chambered body option, 4x4 pointed headstock, a standard Hipshot bridge, and direct-mount Kiesel Lithium humbuckers. Many Custom Shop options (including body and neck woods, top woods, fingerboard woods, fretwire, inlays and much more) are also available. Like all Kiesel and Carvin Guitars instruments, the Aries Series is made in the USA at the brand's southern California facility.
Standard features include:
- Alder body and tung-oiled maple bolt neck
- 4 X 4 pointed headstock with Kiesel logo
- Kiesel Guitars premium locking tuners
- Standard Hipshot™ bridge; optional Original Floyd Rose tremolo
- Chrome hardware
- 27" scale rosewood fingerboard with mother-of-pearl diamond inlays
- 24 medium-jumbo frets
- Kiesel Lithium K16 Series passive pickups
- 5-way pickup selector, master volume and master tone controls
List price is announced at $2,199 for the standard model, it is announced available for $1,099 (or even $999 as a current special sale price) direclty from Kiesel/Carvin Guitars' website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best brands for acoustic folk guitars Today is the turn to list the top brands for acoustic guitars. Indeed, after having done the same with electric guitars, we decided to let acoustic guitar players express their opinion.
- The top high-end hardware modeling amps for guitar After the war of the DAWs and electric guitars, now is the turn of high-end amp emulators! Once again we asked our French community to share with us their preferences regarding high-end amp emulators. We intentionally reduced the list to the most important and reputed options on the market.
- The top entry-level modeling combos for guitar Whether you're just starting out with the guitar or you're simply looking for an affordable and practical tool, modeling combos are an attractive alternative to amplify your instrument. All major brands have their own models and the offer is huge, so it's not easy to choose one! That's why we asked our French community to vote for their favorites and, as usual, we decided to share the results with you. Our selection includes popular models that are still available for sale. Don't hesitate adding to this list by contributing in the comments!