New Kiesel/Carvin Ultra V7 model
KLiesel/Carvin Guitars has recently introduced the Ultra V7, a 7-string version of their V-shaped Ultra V guitar.
Originally introduced in 1987 and produced through 1993, the Ultra V was among the top selling guitars the Carvin Custom Shop made at that time. In 2007, the model was brought back, and now it is evolving with this new, 7-string version: the Ultra V7. It is equipped with two direct-mount passive Kiesel Lithium pickups, a 4x3 pointed headstock, and Kiesel headstock logo. A large array of options is available (especially regarding the possible woods), but basic configuration is as follows:
- neck-through body construction
- 25.5" scale
- alder body
- maple neck with 4 X 3 pointed headstock & Kiesel headstock logo, 2-way adjustable truss rod and dual carbon-fiber rods for additional strength & stability
- ebony fingerboard, 14" radius
- standard white dots inlays
- neck dimensions: 1.91" wide at nut/2.6" wide at 24th fret/.79" thick at 1st fret/.88" thick at 12th fret
- chrome hardware
- M bridge with strings-through-body
- Premium Kiesel Guitars locking tuners, 19:1 ratio
- 24 medium-jumbo frets (.103 wide x .048 tall)
- two KL14 Kiesel Passive Lithium Series humbuckers
- electronics: master volume & tone, 3-way pickup selector, push/pull coil tap
- factory-equipped with Elixir Nanoweb (light gauge) strings
- dimensions: 43" long, 15" wide body, 1.68" thick body
- average weight: 7.5 pounds
The Ultra V7 is built at the Carvin Guitars Custom Shop in San Diego, California.Official list price is $2,099, but direct price from the Kiesel/Carvin Guitars webshop is $1,149.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best brands for acoustic folk guitars Today is the turn to list the top brands for acoustic guitars. Indeed, after having done the same with electric guitars, we decided to let acoustic guitar players express their opinion.
- The top high-end hardware modeling amps for guitar After the war of the DAWs and electric guitars, now is the turn of high-end amp emulators! Once again we asked our French community to share with us their preferences regarding high-end amp emulators. We intentionally reduced the list to the most important and reputed options on the market.
- The top entry-level modeling combos for guitar Whether you're just starting out with the guitar or you're simply looking for an affordable and practical tool, modeling combos are an attractive alternative to amplify your instrument. All major brands have their own models and the offer is huge, so it's not easy to choose one! That's why we asked our French community to vote for their favorites and, as usual, we decided to share the results with you. Our selection includes popular models that are still available for sale. Don't hesitate adding to this list by contributing in the comments!