• Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews for the Schecter Omen-7

Average Score:3.0( 3/5 based on 2 reviews )
 1 user review50 %
 1 user review50 %
Hatsubai01/27/2012

Hatsubai's review"Iffy quality"

Schecter Omen-7
Schecter has always been a bit hit or miss on the quality control department, but this guitar was pretty bad in some areas. The guitar features a basswood body, a bolt-on maple neck with a rosewood fretboard, 24 frets, dot inlays, a hard tail bridge, two humbuckers, one volume, one tone and a three way switch.

The first thing I noticed was that this guitar weighed a freaking ton. I'm not a big fan of super heavy guitars as I tend to find they're more dead sounding than not. I also have a bad back, so the heavier guitars doesn't really gel with me to begin with. The fretwork on this was pretty bad. The frets weren't perfectly level, and the edges were very sharp. You could definitely tell that this was a budget guitar. The hardware was real cheap, and the rosewood was super dry on this thing. It needed a setup badly... worse than most guitars I see out of the box.

First of all, the guitar didn't really resonate when I played it unplugged. It just kinda sounded dull. When I plugged it in, I was pretty shocked as to how bad the pickups sounded. You could tell that they're really cheap import pickups that simply are meant to fill some space in between a wood cavity. The cleans were super bland, the bridge was harsh, yet muddy and lead tones on this thing were pretty grim. The neck was much the same way, but it was even muddier than before. The tone knob only made things worse, so I don't recommend messing with that thing that much, unless you're playing doom/stoner metal.

The guitar is not something I would recommend. Spend the extra money and get the Hellraiser C7. You'll get a much better value guitar than this thing. These are just cheap beginner 7 strings for people who don't really play guitar that often. There may be a few good ones, but more are awful than not.
MGR/Epi Fan.07/03/2004

MGR/Epi Fan.'s review"Schecter Omen 7"

Schecter Omen-7
I bought this guitar, used, at a local guitar center.
I paid $200.

I wanted a seven string guitar.

I like the overall construction. The hardware is great. The arched top strat style body is comfortable to play.

The sound is fine. It's a basswood body with stock Shecter humbuckers.

Seven strings take time to get used to.
The neck is wide, but in time, I'll be more accustomed to it.

Please see "likes."

I'm satisfied with my purchase.
Shecter makes a quality guitar!