Echo Audiofire 4
Echo Audiofire 4

FireWire audio interface from Echo belonging to the Audiofire series.

los3cobos los3cobos

«  Impeccable, a robust and high quality sound »

Published on 01/04/12 at 06:41
+ 4 in the afternoon, the quality of the preamp (before I had an ECHO Layla 3G PCI mode, as I switched to Mac, I wanted to buy the same brand and I must say that I'm not disappointed, so much I have bought a second for use on the go).

I use it with a preamp tube and a tube compressor (TL Audio FAT 2).
Ave bass, vocals and keyboard is more than excellent. Pro-quality trouble-free.

with iMac & MacBookPro 27 i3 i7 2011 8GB 8GB. The hair, nothing to say.

Drivers? kesako? yeah, you download the driver, plug and it works.
Echo console is really good and simpler than previous versions.

used with Adobe Audition (really my favorite software is so simple)
Logic Pro Audio 9, GarageBand and Live 8.

Latency between 8 and 13ms

GETTING STARTED

Installation nickel.
Fastoche configuration.
no incompatibility (even on PC).
Manuel useless.

I use it for 8 months and it is impeccable.
I've read reviews talking about cracking but it is only the setting of the buffer (depending on software). With Live, never had any worries. With Logic, you need at least 256 samples.

I love the most: the 4 analog inputs, two possible chaining via Firewire Audiofire Back, the manual (there is no need), the look (aluminum chassis very simple and beautiful / strong), the preamp ( hmmmmmm ....), the grain of my bass when she gets it.

like least: the firewire 400 (ok, must quibble).

On reflection, I would reiterate perhaps a USB port to use my 800 with my firewire hard drive firewire 800.

But in any case, sure, I will keep at least one of the two I have.