MOTU 828 Mk2
MOTU 828 Mk2

FireWire audio interface from MOTU belonging to the 828 series.

Mix2dub Mix2dub

«  I will use it until it loose »

Publié le 09/24/10 à 19:14
The number of I / O is always part of my criteria when choosing this card. FireWire version because too many problems with other USB sound cards.
This is the nerve center of my home studio, I even reviewed the audio architecture, removing my mixer, and I focus around the 828mk2.

The first 4 I / O Analog I use to send and return for my 2 rack effects
The four other entries = synth expander +
1 output to the bass amp
1 = talkback mic
Spdif = retrieves sounds from my second PC Link + Sync VST Cubase a second
Adat = connected to a Focusrite Octopre = bass + guitar + 4 + 2 mic inputs available.

Stand Alone mode essential to my taste.

Driver stable for laptops verify FireWire chipset.
No major problems under win xp sp3 and windows 7
Driver updated regularly, although I do think we will see less and less.

Relatively short latency, except that I live quite a load VST, put guitarRig around and work on multiple tracks, so, the CPU of the PC galley, so, it sputters a bit then I increase the latency.

Playing twenty audio processing with VST and direct effects without worries. The failures mainly come from the PC.

GETTING STARTED

Product easy to learn, even the menu card is a bit confusing. I think I simply find it difficult to get used to it. CueMix I use 99% for the set.

The fact that it is cascadable with 3 other Motu leaves me the desire to preserve and to graft one second mk2 + pre amp on adat to double the beast (not enough mic to constantly remain connected microphones batteries.

Pre amp and converter of quality but no more, ideal for a homestudiste.