All user reviews for the Alesis MultiMix 12 FireWire
|4 reviews||80 %|
|1 user review||20 %|
Dd le malfrat's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
would anyone doc table Alesis MultiMix 12 FireWire franais?
... In English! ...
6 months ago
she is beautiful
Same quality money
julien75014's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
Nothing to add
I do not share these opinions on the fidelity of the recording. I use it for 8 months, and registration is very deaf, there is a hole in the middle pretty impressive. It easily catches up with an equalizer, but it's a shame qd.
Instruments recorded simultaneously:
- Voice XLR with 48 Volt AT2020
- A battery-mail
- A Low - A guitar
The snare must imperatively be touched up, same for the voice.
The Alesis is still very good for its price, because it is very affordable qd.
(Software used: Audition Pro 2 (with Cubase 4 and Sonar as a backup with a PC, you never know)
For the price, it is widely acceptable. If you do not have the budget mackie (= twice), take your eyes closed.
1 people did not find this review helpful
Lying Dalai's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
- 4-channel micro-line with adjustable gain and high pass filter 75 Hz with switch (mono connection with XLR or jack)
- 4-way Stereo (two jacks per input)
- 3-band EQ for each, grave 80 Hz, 2.5 kHz mdium, treble 12 kHz,
- Auxiliary 2 per slice, a prpost A-fader, 1 post-fader assignable B auxiliary output or integrated effects (with switch to select for prpost. A)
- CONTRL pan and volume for each,
- PFL: court pr-CONTRL fader levels of the VU meters, post eq / SOLO: court solo slices
- Slecteur MUTE-ALT 3 / 4: cutting edge audio and assignment to output Alt.3 / 4
- 60 mm linear faders on slices, master and group 3 / 4 without automation
- Headphone jack Stereo 6.35 mm,
- Output control room providing an output supplmentaire indpendante master,
- Output format master jack 6.35 mm symtrique,
- Exit numrique: S / PDIF coaxial 24 bit / 48 kHz,
- RCA line inputs and outputs "two-track to CD, DAT, Masterlink etc..,
- 2 posts (Sends) prior to the mono. A and B of 6.35 mm jacks
- 2 Stereo aux returns (A and B) of 6.35 mm jacks with volume CONTRL ddi,
- VU-meters multi-segment 3-color LEDs,
- CONTRL volume of headphones and control room,
- Slecteurs Mix, Alt.3 / 4 TK and 2 for assigning these sources indpendamment control room output,  and view on the Vu-Maître's / select sources es.
- SOLO MODE: COST slecteur for solo position falls: solo PFL (pre-fader, posteq) position pushed "in place: scenic preserves the placement, post-fader, post pan-, post-eq,
- 2TK TO MIX: slecteur will integrate to the main output of the signal returned by the computer
- Diode "PEAK" tmoin saturation between slice
- Power 48V fantme on mic with tmoin switching
- Multi-purpose 28-bit internal digital, good quality 100 programs (reverb, delay, chorus, flanger, transposition and double). A knob allows you to select the (which becomes effective when pressed).
- 2 x 7 LED display segments n select program effect,
- CONTRL volume of multi-purpose by the volume knob to the. B  (the effects are no more than a paramtrables).
- One FireWire 400 6 pin Intgr allowing simultaneous transfer of each track and output Stereo indpendamment to the computer, and a return of the computer st ro. A second FireWire port allows another device srialiser using FireWire.
- Powered by external transformer, diode tmoin Power,
- The book with Cubase.
- Dimensions: 100 x 290 x 270 mm. Weight: 3.4 kg.
All this seems trs full, even if I admit I am totally new to the Contents. The knobs are quite thin, prompting caution.
I did not identify any background noise or particular problem.
Everything is clear on this product that is a standard console and 12 tracks of good quality.
This is also a sound card if 12 tracks with a computer interface, and also it works perfectly without any lag with my configuration (Pentium IV 2.8 GHz with 1GB of RAM).
I note a small BMOL level drivers that are not compatible with Windows XP 2000.Aucun problem.
 Other lack After a few months of use: it lacks a knob for the volume of the grate back of the computer 2TK to the main runway, or else a way to route it back on track. The simple use of the table to mix the two winamp application example of using two other sound cards, then one would have t ncessaire with this function.
And as pointed out billouze, because it lacks the management comtpe MIDI and the motorization of knobs, and a CD player Intgr a Hair Dryer and a machine caf.
As far as I can tell, the console seems to me indeed transparent: pramplis quality are not significant blows, and qualiseurs are impeccable.
I've had one week, and I think it's a matter vritable (419)
I do not trade against two barrels
Its main strength is the FireWire output that lets you add VST effects on the tracks in real time, and especially the possibility to record 14 tracks indpendantes. J'apprcie also the sound that I feel transparent.
Small penalty: not compatible with Windows 2000 but you can not really talk about weakness. Note that Mac drivers are also provided.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful
billouze's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
- How many lanes, bus attendant, departures, returns ...)?
I am not the characteristics presented by Zitoun ..
- What is the type of connectors (RCA, Jack, XLR ...)?
Jack and XLR. the choice of the 4 inputs for microphone or guitar.
- The parametric equalizer is it?
- The effects section is it integrated? ...
Yes. Basic, but aympas. Only regret the effects that are selectable once, what about all the tracks (no multi effects nor advanced settings)
- The general configuration is it simple?
very simple, astonishing ease!
- The usual functions are they easily accessible?
Everything is clear and intuitive! not in sub combo menu via knobs on!
2TK TO MIX: switch to integrate to the main output signal sent by the computer returns all without unpleasant if a synth going on in the table and the hand out .. Very nice.
- The manual is clear and sufficient? ...
Sometimes impresionant, but finally clear enough. Make sure you read everything, including text boxes grayed .. generally very important
I put nine for the fact that MIDI is not managed, and non-motorized knob. We can not have it either, but with the quality of the product you become demanding!
The preamps are good, clear and transparent console,
Trials with low, microphone, guitar, all with and without pre-amp. Qualiuté of the Hi-Z is staggering.
no breath, and equalizers are impeccable and precise. Crystalline signal.
- How long have you use it?
- What is so special that you like most and least?
The separate tracks (such as sound card) and grain. I deplore the lack of paraétrage effects, but it's a gadget.
- Have you tried many other models before buying it?
Terratec, emu 1820 .. Than differences! You the branches and it works perfect, no adjustments, re-routing. Everything is obvious to even a novice! is visualized directly if they made a mistake in connecting jacks or cubase!
- How would you rate the quality / price?
Most excellent. The finish is clean and more.
- With experience, you do again this choice? ...
I did that for 20 days, but yes, no worries.
I know these tables that in recent weeks, but am subjugated by the performance at that price. A must not to be missed
2 of 2 people found this review helpful
Ron Buckle's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
All you need to record 4 mics and 4 Pods stro ...
Mini-BMOL however: there is no trim line the canals, which means to handle the volume upstream ... It always comes out on the hardware rcent.
Finally a simple interface, and complements!
I mean it still lacks a possible configuration of a sound card ... s not! Complte monitor section: the choice to return j'coute computer (2 track), which falls into the console (main mix) or mute tracks (alt 3 / 4). I shuffled and if I want!
Other gniale spec for recording live: Listen to the solo PFL which allows you to see at once if one LED is in the red or not .. Practice even when a closed headphone can not isolate themselves from the noise of the pice ...
24b/48K I work and I find your exact super clean: no breath, no repisse a track on the other ... paradise home studio, mobile or not!
I work with a laptop Acer Centrino 1.6 Ghz/512Mo and pulse! No conflict with my Firewire LaCie external drive, just respect the firing order to allow time for Mr. XP reconnatre its small (the computer and the table and SD). LGERS arrangement on (4 tracks and few VST), I am 64 samples latency (less than 2ms) and AmpliTube is ractif my Marshall.
And when a becomes too heavy, I switch back 256 or 512 samples) to the mix.
I did yesterday my first live (jazz group) with:
- Voice microphones: static B1 for the kick, SM57 for the snare, cutting C2 OH
- Guitar Pod: Line between
- Low on pramp: Line between
- Keyboard: Line between
- And singing on a small lamp pramp: Line between
I thank a certain German brand for the low price of these static, couples and OH pramp lamp ...
Conclusion: its direct and dynamic breath 0, 0 dropout ... Happiness in the mix, a group happy ... I say brief Alesis too hard!
1 people found this review helpful