[NAMM] Yamaha AG hybrid mixers
Yamaha introduces today at NAMM 2015 a new series of hybrid mixers and USB audio interfaces for podcaster and mobile musicians.
The new Yamaha AG series features two 3 and 6-channel mixers with built-in USB interface compatible with the iOS devices. It supports an audio resolution of 24-bit / 192kHz and is designed for gamers, web- and podcasting and mobile musicians, for they can be powered via USB, and external battery or an adapter.
One interesting feature on the AG03/AG06 is the To PC switch that allows for choosing which inputs will be sent to the computer or iOS device. The Dry Ch 1-2 allows for recording inputs 1 and 2, Input Mix sends all the inputs to the USB stereo port along with the USB return from the computer, which allows for mixing the mics and instruments to music, add effects from the computer and more.
Both consoles AG03 and AG06 features Yamah D-PRE mic preamps, an aux input to add an audio player and a footswitch input in case you need to manage effects during live performance. A monitoring section includes separate volume controls for the headphone and speaker outputs and DSP effects are also available.
- 3 or 6 analog inputs
- D-PRE preamps with XLR/1/4“ Neutrik combos (1 on the AG03 and 2 on the AG06)
- 2 inputs / 2 outputs USB interface with 24-bit / 192kHz audio resolution
- 48V phantom power switch
- Hi-Z input for guitar and bass
- Compressor, EQ and reverb
- DSP guitar amp simulation on the AG06
- 60mm fader on the AG03
- Loopback feature for podcasting/webcasting
- TO PC section for flexible channel routing
- Aux input
- Headphone and monitor outputs with dedicated level controls
- USB (mini USB 5V), external battery or power supply
- iOS compatible
- Metal chassis
These new mixer will be available in March, no information regarding their price.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Manley Force 4-channel preamp Manley adds three channels to its Core mic tube preamp and introduces the new Force model.
- [NAMM] JoMoX T-Rackonizer Eurorack filter JoMoX will introduce at NAMM the successor of its T-Resonator filter module, the T-Rackonizer in Eurorack format.
- [NAMM] 2 new TC-Helicon products at NAMM TC-Helicon will introduce tomorrow at NAMM 2015 two new products, a looper for microphone in the Ditto Series and the MP-76 dynamic mic.