or
Create an account

or

Thread Focusrite 8i6 and Ableton Live Drive Error Compensation

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Focusrite 8i6 and Ableton Live Drive Error Compensation
Hello again, I'm hoping you good people can help me once again.

I am running Ableton Live through my 8i6 and I need to know how to set the Scarlett MixControl settings so I can connect a 1/4" audio cable from the Ch1 output to the Ch1
input, to enable me to copy across a Wave Test file which is recorded and resides on Ch1. Then copy it across to an empty ch2 track to carry out the 'Ableton Live Drive Error Compensation' test, for latency setting for direct monitoring.

Ableton Live Note: An audio cable is needed which can connect one output of your interface to one of its inputs. It doesn’t matter if this is a digital or analogue connection, but it must be a real hardware connection

I have been trying to sort this out without success, my MixControl is set at the default settings, but I think some configuration is required within the MixControl.

Also I m not sure of the audio cable connecting route

Can anyone advise me please

Best Regards

Alan
Hello Alan,
If you want to loop the audio with the Focusrite interface, you'll have to set up the Loop Back in MixControl. I believe you'll have to choose the Analog Channel 1 in the Loop Back combo. As for Ableton Live setup, you'll have to wait for experts, for I never used it.
Cheers !
Hi Banshee in Avalon, thanks for your reply.

I have managed to do this, by connecting one end of a 1/4" cable from the No 3 Line output (Assigned to headphones) at the rear of my 8i6 and the other end into Input 1 Combo.

Setting both audio track Input types to Ext-in and Input Channel's to 'Audio 1 to Channel 1/2' (which has the drum beat sample) and Audio 2 to Ch1. Making sure that the volume to the headphones is turned right down and re-adjusted accordingly to a similar level to 'Audio 1 track. Then set global for record and recorded the drum beat across from Audio 1 to Audio 2 track (via headphone output)

This test was done without altering any settings in the MixControl... all settings were set to 'Factory Defaults'

The Ableton Site was extremely helpful with this.

Thanks again for your help

Alan