Create an account

or

Thread Scarlett 6i6 1.9b12 beta driver wont install on WIndows 7 Pro 64bit

• 9 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 Scarlett 6i6 1.9b12 beta driver wont install on WIndows 7 Pro 64bit
Hi,
I just bought 6i6 and really want the features the new driver+MixControl v1.9b12 enables like more flexible WDM-support. I already signed up to beta tester(did not receive any confirmation email) and at the end sent email to beta development team without any answer. So I wanted to try if any of you have already solved this.

When got the interface I installed the v1.8 MixControl from Focusrite website and it worked great. But then decided to try the new beta Scarlett MixControl v1.9b12 installation. Uninstalled the 1.8 MixControl from Control Panel and the drivers using the uninstall program in program files/focusrite. Then installed the 1.9b12. Installation went fine but starting the MixControl it tells me that I have to update firmware. Answered yes but then it tells me that the interface is not connected fails to update firmware.

[ Post last edited on 04/21/2016 at 09:50:01 ]

Hi,

This is quite a strange issue, I think it would be best if you contact us so we can help more directly.
https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb

Best regards
Simon // Focusrite Technical Support
Hi, and thanks for the reply. Ok, if that is ok to you. I thought since this is beta version I sent my error report to the email mensioned in Beta testing site.
Just left a support request there.
Installing a usb beta driver 3.2.2 solved the firmware update problem. but new problems emerged. Now I get latency like clicks and pops everywhere when MixControl is open regardless of latencyusb performance mode settings. In Sonar X3 I get clean playback fairly good latencies when mixcontrol is off but playing guitar through DAW(no plugins) introduce these clicks and pops again. These click and pops were not present with v1.8 with same latency settings.

This has been reported to Focusrite support also.
Installing beta driver v3.1.10 solved the last problem. So this combination seems to work now.
Hi JouniPK,

Glad to hear that all is well now. You may find better performance with the 3.2.1 driver:
http://beta.focusrite.com/file.php?id=1187

If you should have any other issues, please feel free to give us a shout! :)

Best regards,
David // Focusrite Technical Support
Ok, I will test that v3.2.1 driver. USB driver v3.2.2 only made things worse.
v3.2.1 helped awhile. Now I have found that when recording/monitoring SPDIF input I have clicks and pops every now and then even with MIXING USB Performance Mode on. PC with W7 is not used in any other purpose. I have set clock to be synced with the external device (LINE6 POD HD500X). Again these pops and clicks were not present when using v1.8 and the usb driver that came with that. So here is another bug report.
Good afternoon,

Please can you confirm that the clock source in Mix Control is set to SPDIF?
Presumably the Line6 is hard set to an internal clock source, but are you aware of the sample-rate it's set to, a lot of the time devices like these are set to 48kHz, although some may be changeable. You will obviously want to ensure that this matches your Mix Control (which follows your DAW session sample-rate). Are you using a relatively short 75ohm SPDIF cable, or a standard RCA/Phono cable?

Let us know how you get on.
Simon // Focusrite Technical Support