Without the slightest concern. Because it is entitled to 2 licenses (as long as you use only one at a time) I installed a version on an old iMac (G4 1.25 Mhz - 1.25 GB ram Mac OS X 10.4.11) and my old PC (P4 1.66 Mhz - 1GB RAM - Windows XP) and I have not encountered any problems.
Only small "concern" you have to get in the tree icon to launch. And if you install an update, it automatically creates a new installation = must erase the old if we want to have 36 different versions.
No PDF manual supplied but in several languages including French - clear, well translated. Only small downside. The paper size is 20.5 x 17.3 cm ... a hybrid format incomprehensible, because I like printing the manuals (416 pages!) duplex VESO for doing a "bedside book. It's always interesting to read some" after "the various chapters to do well round features.
I bought the version "Box" and "large" box there is a double DVD package in a cardboard CD style class and a fairly vague setup sheet and show = no manual = no reason to format = bizare the 8 / 10. I'm gonna be forced to play the layout to print my book.
See above for the configs, but I work with 2 minimum system ... and it runs "smoothly".
When recording audio and loop it all ... No problemo. But cons to play a virtual instrument provided in Box version, then train it ... and we feel well the need for a powerful configuration and "modern" ... To be precise, Impulse (the virtual drums) poses no problem but "simple" and some very dense layers of synths or a multi-sampled piano hurts the CPU. This is normal ... Be careful if you want to buy this app. It is good to follow the recommendations on the Ableton webshop.
Otherwise it is stable and nickel bin.
In addition it interfaces created for Live and pre-mapping "included provides a control interface of Live. Me I have a Akai MPD-24 that I bought for encoding beats here and takes all its interest to control Live. I also love ...
Service "online" Numerous times, before the purchase, I emailed customer service (in English) and they always responded with detail, professionalism and speed. It is a real +, especially in our time ...
Some time only. I installed the demo on the iMac and the PC to make sure 1. my setup allows me to play with and 2. The app me "please" and matches my expectations.
Then I tip my hat to Ableton. What a great idea to allow to use their software without restriction (license free 30 calendar days) to become familiar with this software.
Here's my entirely subjective opinion on this app.
- The screen session. Where other apps are content to record everything and anything on a "timeline" as a piano roll. Live + allows to operate in "session". Register to know anything and everything to put them automatically in a loop (or not - your choice) that we just play and gradually build the "musical component" of its tracks. This principle really gets closer to the "composition", the creation of Songs. Love
- 100% music. With the concept of "session" you can add, edit, delete, or rework any sound effect or musical phrase "live" ... not need to stop the music, you can do everything in real time ... without almost never stop anything. The big plus is that the software automatically realigned pace that we play. If I want to record a guitar part, I cocked the "clip" (a piece of a track) and I started playing rhythm. Once the few recorded measurements I can reset the rhythmic grid in 2 clicks ...
- In detail. Once the ideas stuck in the clips, you go in the section arrangement (the "timeline" classic ") and records the tracks by running the various clips whenever we want. Moreover, any action is stored (volume, pan, effects ...).
In short, with some videos, you can still have fun "remix" its songs on the fly ... GE-NIAL
- The interface. I forgot. For me it's his strong point. A single screen to control everything. An interface to the sleek look and a flawless clarity. Some buttons look clean can be a minimum of "memory" to understand the software ...
- A powerful configuration. To enjoy the full power of Live requires a configuration "powerful". A Christmas I'll buy an iMac and the latest it will be a pure delight.
- A high enough price, which is entirely appropriate for me ... Ableton but also many instruments + sound banks seeking to make a full upgrade to Live 8 ... It is "quite expensive" but it's worth ...
- Effects enough "marked". I have not tried everything ... but the effects and audio processing are typed enough ... and it might bother some.
- Complexity. There are many parameters for each effect and / or virtual instruments and we must take time to discover this app ... That said, we can not have both a powerful and professional and that it requires no knowledge ...
So in conclusion, it had been years since I was looking for a DAW. and I found my happiness. I worked on Tracktion (very good but abandoned by the publisher), I tested "plic-plop" a few others and I never felt so good in playing with Live Intro ... The only regret is not having discovered this app before ... As I remained convinced that moving from a micro-studio 4 track digital (Boss BR-532 to record and Tracktion to "mix") to a DAW computer was going on behind the music and spend the few hours available for my hobby to farouiller in menus and settings. On the contrary! I've never recorded as fast as compound-Live Intro ...
In short, all musicians who want to play musiq = Intro Live!