Cakewalk Sonar X1 Essential

All user reviews for the Cakewalk Sonar X1 Essential

General Sequencer from Cakewalk belonging to the Sonar X1 series.

(4.5/5 based on 1 review)
  • JimboSpinsJimboSpins

X2 is available

Cakewalk Sonar X1 EssentialPublished on 02/26/13 at 09:18
    Cakewalk SONAR X1 is a digital audio workstation (DAW) that comes with around 10 VST synth instruments and it has a whole list of effects. You can use this program to do all of your work in like mix and master your tracks as well as record directly into it and work with processing sounds and audio signals through effects. Sonar X1 is only support through PC and not Mac’s. it can work with just about any audio sound type like WAV, MPEG, AIFF and any other sound source that is out.
    Setting it up was easy and working with it was simple for me because I was coming from another version of Sonar. It was very similar to other versions it mainly just was like a VST and Effects pack to me. There were not many changes between Sonar and X1. Now there is an X2 out which I upgraded to not too long ago.
    The VST’s in X1 are pretty good, they are a lot better than the VST’s that came with the original version of Sonar. Everything in X1 is just a click away, from adding effects to guitar tracks and vocals or to working with a VST synth and manipulating it. It is all right in front of me and easy to work with. I was running X1 on a Vista computer and it never crashed or caused any problems on my 3GB computer. X1 runs very smooth and has some really good plug ins and effects built into it. I do not recommend purchasing X1 now though because X2 is out and it has a very good amp simulator in it that I love. If you are thinking of getting X2, look into purchasing or upgrading to X2 so you can experience some of the Sonar Amps and new features and effects.