Steinberg Cubase 6
Steinberg Cubase 6

General Sequencer from Steinberg belonging to the Cubase series.

customersupport customersupport

« Copy protection issues, no telephone support »

Publié le 06/16/11 à 06:17
When you invest $600 in a product you had better be sure it works. And if it doesn't, good luck getting support from this company. It's emails, emails, emails and "we'll get back to you immediately." Sure thing and boy can you go crazy when you discover issues concerning Steinberg's continued obsession with all sorts of copy protection mechanisms. After the money is collected, you've got no leverage. As a result of my own problems with Steinberg having been a very long time customer, I've just given up and looked at other alternatives which are surprisingly great for half the price. They just built something new from scratch instead of heaping on more slop on this app that has its share of issues which you can read about anywhere. It takes an advanced degree to figure out how to do simple things. Before accepting the fan reviews here, ask yourself how a company could get a long time user of its software this mad. I'm a regular guy like you and I've just seen what can happen and have the electronic evidence to show anyone who cares. Major thumbs down.

I've been using Cubase for over 15 years, seriously. Some things are very good but a good number are far more difficult than need be. And the latency issues at times...

As I said, if you're dealing with severe copy protection methods like are in this program, ask yourself if you want to blow serious money with a company not decent enough to provide reasonable support. I'll show you numerous emails, lack of answers, and you can't call them --- you have to wait for them to call you. There is a reason why so many new competitors came out in this market and after having them screw me repeatedly with their lack of desire to deal with customers and keep cash by limiting support, I have seen the light. Don't believe fluff reviews and fans.