Cubase 7 & Cubase Artist 7 Available
Steinberg has released Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7.
Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 now include the new MixConsole mixer, the newly developed channel strip, Chord Track, and more.
The MixConsole features full-screen mode and scalability for allowing adjustment to small and large-scale displays alike. With Channel Zones, users are able to specify which channels and in which order they are to be displayed on the new mixer, while View Sets offers recall of EQ, dynamics, sends and inserts. Other advantages of the new MixConsole include customizable track icons as well as Control Link and Quick Link for interlinking channels and parameters. Channel settings drag and drop, A/B comparison, global bypass on effects, plug-in search and integrated control room functionality add to the list of new mixing features. Second in line is the newly developed channel strip with high and low-pass filters, noise gate, the four-band StudioEQ, three compressors, a spectrum analyzer, tube/tape saturation, a brickwall limiter, maximizer plus 150 factory presets, created by US producer Allen Morgan. Furthermore, the Channel Settings window is redesigned to provide access to all channel parameters, such as input metering and routing assignments, alongside the newly introduced Remote Control Editor for mapping of plug-in parameters to external controllers, supporting Mackie Control, Avid Artist Series and many others. Also available in Cubase 7 are Voxengo’s 64-band spline CurveEQ, EBU R128 standard compliant loudness metering and the latest version of MixConvert for individual downmixes.
The second assembly of musical features includes Chord Track, a dedicated track within the Project window. Cubase identifies the music’s harmony structure and provides chord and scale information to both MIDI and audio tracks that have been processed with VariAudio, and these in return automatically follow harmonic adjustments in Chord Track. VariAudio is available in Cubase and has been modified to work with Chord Track, allowing multiple-part editing within a single editor and harmonizing of lead vocals in choral arrangements. Another new feature in Cubase 7 is Chord Assistant for bridging chords and generating harmonic chord progressions. Implemented in both Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7, the Hermode tuning technology is designed to adjust flaws of traditional well-tempered scales through dynamic retuning. Cubase is also designed to meet the demands for “in the box” content: next to the thousands of sounds already available, Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 feature various samples, loops and presets: the new Hybrid Expansion for HALion Sonic SE comes with 300 new instrument sounds, while new drum samples and corresponding MIDI loops expand the Groove Agent ONE and Beat Designer library. About 2,000 additional MIDI loops are designed to round out the spectrum of sounds.
The final feature set is designed to deliver functional enhancements that boost the performance in various ways. ASIO-Guard is newly implemented into the Steinberg Audio Engine to improve stability and prevent data dropouts. Included for troubleshooting and diagnostics is the additional safe-start mode to disable user preferences temporarily. With the keyword-oriented search engine, individual tracks and channels can now be quickly found in large projects, Steinberg assures. MemZap stores positions and zoom factors within the project at any particular time, while the new Steinberg Hub appears on start up, comprising a new Project Assistant plus additional information services, such as news and a regularly updated list of video tutorials. Another highlight available to Cubase 7 is the new VST Connect SE collaboration software, with talkback and chat functionality as well as video and audio streaming over the Internet.
Cubase 7 has been tested on professional HP Z workstations for maximum reliability and certified performance.
Cubase 7 Features:
- 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, 5.1 surround, flexible routing and automatic delay compensation
- Unlimited audio, instrument and MIDI tracks
- Composing, editing and mixing features with multitrack editing and quantizing, take comping and automation tools
- MixConsole with integrated EQ/Dynamics channel strip modules
- Set of 8 virtual instruments with 2,800 sounds, including HALion Sonic SE workstation, Padshop granular synth, Retrologue virtual analog synth, LoopMash 2 and the MPC-style Groove Agent ONE drum machine
- Suite of 66 audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors, including VST Amp Rack guitar tone suite, REVerence convolution reverb, Voxengo CurveEQ and more
- VariAudio for MIDI-style note editing of monophonic audio tracks and automatic voicing harmonization and auto-tuning effect
- Chord Track for chord management and re-harmonizing plus composing assistance for generating chord sequences
- VST Expression 2 for instrument articulation management and expression control on single-note level
- Professional music notation and score printing
- MediaBay file and preset management system
- Cross-platform 32/64-bit for Windows and Mac OS X
Cubase Artist 7 Features:
- 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, flexible routing and automatic delay compensation
- Supports 128 MIDI and 64 simultaneous audio tracks
- Includes 8 virtual instruments with 2,400 presets, including HALion Sonic SE workstation, Padshop granular synth and Retrologue virtual analog synth, LoopMash 2 plus the MPC-style Groove Agent ONE drum machine
- Comes with a suite of 46 audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors, including Pitch Correct for vocal intonation correction, VST Amp Rack guitar tone suite, Brickwall Limiter and Tube Compressor
- Chord Track designed to facilitate working with chords in a project context
- Score editing feature set
- MediaBay file and preset management system
- Project Assistant with dozens of common templates
- Cross-platform 32/64-bit for Windows and Mac OS X Intel
Availability & Pricing:
The Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 full retail versions are available from resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop . The suggested retail price for Cubase 7 is 599 euros, including German VAT. The suggested retail price for Cubase Artist 7 is 299 euros, including German VAT.
Various boxed and downloadable updates and upgrades are also available from resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop.
Visit www.steinberg.net for further details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Earmaster Pro Updated to v6 Earmaster has released version 6 of its ear training software, Earmaster Pro.
- Marcos Alonso Samplr Created by Marcos Alonso, Samplr lets you make music and play with sound by touching the waveform on the screen with your fingers.
- iZotope Insight iZotope introduces its Insight metering suite for post production and broadcast applications.