or
Create an account

or

Thread MIDI output problems for reason

• 3 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 0 follower
Topic MIDI output problems for reason
I have reason 3.0 and a M-audio controller. I followed the directions, but I cant seem to hear any sound without setting the channel to the device (i.e. nnxt or synthesizers) in the midi in section. I learning reason in school and we dont have to assign channel's to the samplers or synths. Something must be set up wrong. I also cant record. Please please please help me. It may be a stupid question, but im stupid so help a brother out.
Hey Mjaffe311,

First of all: you are not stupid. A lot of us struggled a lot while starting off. Have you got any signs on the screen that the midi is received in reason? Or does the connection not work at all? Maybe this will help with what I wrote with the reply of the article:

I need HELP~ I HAVE REASON 3.0 i need help

Quote: Dear Sinatra112,

I don't know if you still look for help, but:

Go to prefrences: MIDI. Here you can select from wich source the midi should be coming in.

Go to a track you want to play. If you click right in front of the track name, a weird round symbol apears. This means that you can control this track through midi. Now try to play. You probable get some sound now, but with a lot of latency. Go to preferences again: audio. Turn down the amount of samples untill you are around 30 ms delay (it alo depends on your system, if it's not fast enough, you might have to play with a slight delay of more than 30 ms). On my system I got it on 42 ms. Now you will probably have sound without too much of a delay.

If you still have problems I advice you to read the manual. reason has a really cool and easy to read manual. Start of with focussing on a machine you would like to learn. I advice people to start of with learning how the malstrom works. Read the manual about it and try and learn as much of this machine as you can. It's very easy to get sound out of it. It's just harder to understand it completely. But once you understand it, you can make the must amazing mind blowing sounds! Try and make your own sounds to create your own unique flavour in everything you start composing.

Good luck! And....Have fun!

Maybe this helps you, if not, give another shout.

Greetings RacoonReason
What kind of m-audio controller do you have? Oxygen 8?
TO GET MY MIDI TO PLAY USING REASON I FIRST WENT INTO EDIT >THEN PREFERENCES >THEN IN THE BOX IT WILL SAY PAGE SCROLL DOWN TO MIDI THEN TO PORT AND SCROLL TO USB AUDIO DEVICE THEN U SHOULD SEE A GREEN CHECK MARK..YOU ARE NOW CONNECTED..CLOSE THE BOX AND LOOK FOR CHANNEL 1 AT THE TOP OF REASON, OPEN THE MENU AND SELECT WHICH ONE U WANT TO US WITH YOUR MIDI CONTOLLER..THAT SHOULD DO IT.. HOPE U UNDERSTAND THIS..