Studio Recording Setup
- 7 replies
- 4 participants
- 1,335 views
- 0 follower
inf1n1te5adne55
20

New AFfiliate
Member 21 years ago
02 November 2004 to 09:55Studio Recording Setup
#1
Afternoon, I have been doing scratch recording now for about a year and have finally got fed up of terrible quality audio. I purchased the following over the last month and await delivery;
Edirol UA 1000
Behringer MDX400 Compressor pre-amp
Yamaha PRS320 Keyboard
Korg AX1500 Effects Processor
The PC breaks down as;
Intel 2.4ghz
1gig RAM
Dual Head Matrox Graphics card
Creative Live Soundcard (output only)
Twin 17" widscreen mons
Instruments used;
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Zakk Wylde)
Gibson SG Bass
Ibanez Concorde Vint 1972 Acoustic
My question is (finally got there) is there anything else i need to get or any of you guys would reccomend i may need? Is there anything i have overlooked. I have a little knowledge of recording setups but i feel as if something is missing from the equipment i have purchased.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Danny
Edirol UA 1000
Behringer MDX400 Compressor pre-amp
Yamaha PRS320 Keyboard
Korg AX1500 Effects Processor
The PC breaks down as;
Intel 2.4ghz
1gig RAM
Dual Head Matrox Graphics card
Creative Live Soundcard (output only)
Twin 17" widscreen mons
Instruments used;
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Zakk Wylde)
Gibson SG Bass
Ibanez Concorde Vint 1972 Acoustic
My question is (finally got there) is there anything else i need to get or any of you guys would reccomend i may need? Is there anything i have overlooked. I have a little knowledge of recording setups but i feel as if something is missing from the equipment i have purchased.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Danny
Axeman
591

AFfectionate Poster
Member 22 years ago
02 November 2004 to 11:11
#2
The most glaring omission from your list is a set of reference monitor speakers. These are a must for creating decent mixes that will translate to other systems well.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
inf1n1te5adne55
20

New AFfiliate
Member 21 years ago
03 November 2004 to 01:01
#3
I have 5.1 surround sound system through the output of the pc soundcard - will this not do?
If not, what would you suggest?
Thanx
If not, what would you suggest?
Thanx
Axeman
591

AFfectionate Poster
Member 22 years ago
03 November 2004 to 05:33
#4
I will do until you can afford a set!!!
Seriously, reference monitors are really important in hleping you to mix accurately and create final mixes that will translate well from system to system. I use a pair of Event 20/20bas speakers, but there a lots out there to choose from. MAudio makes some that get decent reviews, as well as some of the newer Event stuff. Shop around.....
Seriously, reference monitors are really important in hleping you to mix accurately and create final mixes that will translate well from system to system. I use a pair of Event 20/20bas speakers, but there a lots out there to choose from. MAudio makes some that get decent reviews, as well as some of the newer Event stuff. Shop around.....
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
inf1n1te5adne55
20

New AFfiliate
Member 21 years ago
03 November 2004 to 07:28
#5
I hear ya... it certainly has cost me a bit. I will start looking now - who knows, maybe santa will bring me a set.
Thanks for the help.
Danny
Thanks for the help.
Danny
manowar
161

AFfinity Poster
Member 22 years ago
03 November 2004 to 10:28
#6
Hey I'll write to santa too. 
gawain_en
181

AFfinity Poster
Member 22 years ago
03 November 2004 to 23:09
#7
The Behringer series of monitors are also pretty good for the price. I'm all with Axeman here. You don't know what you are missing till you get a good pair of monitors.
Oh and my piece of advice: go for an active pair of speakers, it's really difficult to match the correct amplifier with the correct set of speakers.
Oh and my piece of advice: go for an active pair of speakers, it's really difficult to match the correct amplifier with the correct set of speakers.
inf1n1te5adne55
20

New AFfiliate
Member 21 years ago
04 November 2004 to 01:45
#8
Thanks to all that helped on this thread - info is much appreciated... i'll give you a shout when i decide what ones to go for.
Danny
Danny
- List of moderators
- Rules
- Options