All user reviews for the Amt Electronics R1 Mesa Rectifier
|1 user review||20 %|
|3 reviews||60 %|
|1 user review||20 %|
What amazes me is that the entire Legendary Series from AMT is just horrible! This isn't the worst from this series but it is still pretty terrible. This is AMT's attempt to get a Mesa Triple Recto sound from a pedal. It is climbing up a hill that it will never reach the top of or even come close to sounding. This pedal doesn't even come close to sounding like a Triple Recto in any facet.
- The AMT Legend Amp Series guitar pedals provide excellent dynamics, nuances, and characteristics similar to that of tube driven amplifiers.
- Tube-like range of volume control provides great sound density, playability, and power when playing at full volume and also in conjunction with your guitars volume knob.
- TRUE BYPASS. The preamps of the Legend Amp Series pedals use passive true bypass circuitry, therefore no loss of guitar signal is noticed in your pedal chain. Similar to if no pedal was there at all when bypassed.
- Features high level of output signal (+10dB in extreme position of Level knob) corresponds to the output levels similar of tube preamps. Thus, you have adjustable signal level allowing to hook up your preamp AND direct input of a power amplifier.
- Controls include LEVEL, GAIN, LOW, MID, and HIGH.
- TWO signal outputs: DIRECT AMPLIFIER OUT for guitar amplifier use and CAB SIMULATION OUT for mixer, or studio use.
- Power saving mode. When the speaker simulation output jack is not in use, the pedal automatically switches to power saving mode. Current consumption (from 9V power unit) is less than 6mÀ (in power saving mode it drops to 4mÀ).
This pedal is easy to get a garbage sound from. It has five control knobs and do basically do and they read on the face plate. Just like a real amplifier with the basic three position EQ and the level and gain controls.
Most like plexi or Marshall amps they have the three EQ's, level, and gain. There really isn't a need for a manual or anything since it is pretty basic. Dial in the tone for the personal preference that you needs for your guitar rig.
The sound from this pedal is bad and should be pasted up for the California Sound pedal or the Extreme lll from AMT. I think the CS sounds more like a real amp and much more like a Triple Recto than this unit.
It really doesn't matter which guitar you use with it because it sounds thin and metallic. It is not pleasing to the ears what so ever. It is very fizzy and noisy that makes playing not enjoyable.
I would not recommend this pedal to anyone. It sounds so bad and unusable. I am baffled at the reason why AMT thinks they should put out these Legendary Series pedals. The classic series sounds so much more natural and usable. Do no buy this unit as you will be disappointed. Try some other units from AMT preferably the classic series. At new they come in at around $130 which is more money than the classic but sounds like a cheap Boss pedal that just makes noise.
1 of 8 people found this review helpful
le reverend's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)" Correct in the box, very credible."
Config simple, as with any pedal.
The influence of tone controls is limited, especially the bass, sorry.
A manual? For a pedal? Mmmouhahhahaaaaahaaaaaa!!
I can not judge the sound quality in the configuration where I connected: the input of a Torpedo CAB itself connected to a monitor.
This is in the spirit of a Rectifier, but with the following caveats:
- A significant loss of low frequencies: only push the bass does not change much rendering, it is imperative to also lower the treble, which is a shame, for clarity to lose a little passage.
- Minimum saturation already sends the block: the pedal is not made to play blues in the old
For some we accept these biases, the pedal is actually very Rectifier in its sound, and we can say we are not stolen goods: it does.
Remains to be seen what it will give a true equalizer that would better sculpt frequencies: it's good, I have one
And then see what happens connected to an amplifier: the effect of Correct-ization he continues despite the sound signature of the amp. In my case, it should not be a problem, but try it anyway to see if my old DC5 manages to take a Rectif.
Purchased to enjoy a sound of a Correct configuration "light" (pedalboard plugged into a Torpedo CAB directly connected console), the contract is about to be filled. I tortured quite a quiet afternoon at home, but it remains to adjust the settings to get the low down slightly compared to the original and it should run. The box gives the best of herself with the gain between 3 and 7 (on a scale of 10). Beyond that, it gets a bit rough but anyway, 7 it rocks enough to tear the wallpaper neighbors. What do you need?
Whether it's cheap? Bingo is the case.
1 people found this review helpful
mathieufrancis's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)" Stunning!"
Alim by 9V battery or transformer (not supplied)
level / Gain / Bass / Middle / trebble
1 Amp output
Table 1 output mix (HP Integrated simulation)
Techno: simulation of light
Setup could not be easier (see settings above)
The action of the knobs is fairly accurate, it quickly finds its brands and its sound! Small flat, the knobs are sensitive and if the pedal carries a backpack for example, one must re-adjust ...
Small manual that comes with the pedal recall that it is a preamp, so use a table or in the "return" of your amp! His rotten in the input of the amp even clear sound and EQ neutral (that is never neutral, never 0 gain).
The sound is "stunning!" The Correct Touch!
Enormous headroom, I play alternative metal and I find her super modern and very heavy as I like!
I have a Gibson Les Paul studio and I use the preamp in two configs:
- At home: live in the "return" of a head Hughes & Kettner 2x12 cabinet TubeMeister 18 and in V30. Result, very big sound, very thick palm mute even at a low volume, a treat! However, we do not find any grain of a real tube amp, but I do remember that a real tube head Hi-Gain it cost more than € 1,000 and if you play with in your apartment, your neighbors call the Police?
- In rehearsal: config with ultra-light pedal directly into the mixing desk. The sound system delivers sound without problem and finished the galley plug and lugging 30kg of gear! Flat side of simulation HP is rotten, no way out a palm mute clean it sizzles in all directions. So I use one at Palmer Junction Box (PDI03) by selecting the speaker "bright" and it becomes tasty! Channel to simulate a crunch, I use an Electro Harmonix signal pad just before the preamp and the preamp reacts great, this is the first time I love my crunch ...
I bought this little preamp 3 months ago to turn the preamp of my TubeMeister that I find in naz disto ... Result I no longer use it in rehearsal or at home and it sounds serious!
At the time of purchase I tested a lot of distortion pedals, and this one by far exceeds my taste, even blackstar tube that cost a fortune!
I love the big win, big palm mute pedal that little bit provide.
Flat side simulation of HP, but simple enough to compensate (and everyone does not want to play without an amp ...).
Value price, 10/10, can not get better without adding 3 times the price (and still need to find ...). For me the ultimate weapon of metalheads a small budget!
I am really fan side "I'm going to rehearsal with less than 1 kg of gear", but possesses a ENGL powerball, I still lack the true sound lights, so I plan to buy a preamp ENGL E530 which should allow me to find the cheleur lamps and the possibility to get directly in the table. In any case I'll keep this little critter to inflate my sound grat 'home studio and mix the sound and ENGL and MESA her.
Other series pedals seem really well for me this is a purchase that I would recommend 100%!
1 people found this review helpful
_noctua's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
Pedals that uses JFETs (component that reproduce the raction lamps)
2 outputs: one to the amp to a mixer with accumulation of HP
9 volt power supply
As this is da reproduction Fidler red channel of a dual rectify
edition of the sounds can rvler difficult for the person unfamiliar with the operation of four Mesa (four passive).
-The gain knob is the first act, the more you push, the less the four Ragit because it compresses the sound and enhances the bass.
-The Trebble come along, they reprsentent alone, one of Tone knobs as they are effective.
The more one pushes the knob trebble, the less you will have middle and bass and back
The mdiums-act in the same fawn
Low-form of the last links in the chain
Silence, the sound is the sound correct.
It is even possible to have the clear sound with!
I test the pedals in all directions
For optimum, it must branch into a power amp (or the return of your amp)
Front, you will increase the sonic palette rich with the dj trs PDAL
The simulation is average, all fawn, I do not use it since I have a randall isolation box
Report quality / price ratio
The P1 is also good
I did not test the other.
A sample chti fawn immortal
2 of 2 people found this review helpful
damkirk26's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
analog technology supposed to reproduce the heat lamps
classic equalizer, gain, volume, etc.
Simple.pas manual configuration, but not require the same time
The crucial point, no it is not a correct and far away There is no grain of typical mesa. I play mainly metal and I use this pedal for rhythm as my blackstar lack a bit of gain, the sound is nice rhythm with nothing exceptional, and his solo is not great I do is I find it not too fuzz on the treble, I sought her a smooth, velvety petrucci (ok not the same) and it is not the case.
I've had the two weeks used on two different amp for the same result
I like good sound but not solo enrythmique
average value for a little pedal all the same cheers
with the experience I will not repeat this choice
1 of 2 people found this review helpful