The Fractal Audio Axe-FX II goes XL
Fractal Audio updates once again its Axe-FX flagship multi-effect for guitar to offer users XL features.
The Fractal Axe-FX XL amp modeling and DSP effect unit will include more memory, more inputs and outputs, and a batch of improvements.
What’s on the menu:
- Faslink port to connect the MFX-101 mkIII via XLR
- MIDI In, Out and Thru
- 2 inputs for pedals
- Long life optical encoder for value entry
- Improved Secret Sauce III instrument input for lower floor noise
- 128MB Super-Flash non-volatile memory that allows for storing up to 512 presets and 512 user cab emulations
- Built-in firmware backup for easy restore in case should the update fail
- Backward-compatibility with the Axe-FX mkI and mkII presets via the software editor
The Axe-FX II XL rackable unit will be available in March for $2999.95. It won’t replace the Axe-FX II mkII which will remain available along with this new edition.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Takamine LTD2014 Grouse acoustic-electric guitar Takamine introduces the LTD2014 Grouse acoustic-electric guitar, a model that will only be available to 52 lucky owners.
- Bad Cat launches the CUB III amps Bad Cat Amps introduces the third generation of its CUB valve guitar amps, which features 15W, 30W and 40W combos and heads.
- A wireless guitar footswitch by Audio-Technica Audio-Technica adds to its System 10 Wireless Series the Stompbox footswitch designed with guitar players in mind.