With twice the power of the former Axe-Fx Ultra, the Axe-Fx II incorporates new algorithms and an array of new hardware and software features.
This preamp and effects processor is designed to recreate guitar signal chains – stomp-boxes, amps, cabinets, mics, studio effects.
New features include:
• Dual DSP, twice the power of the Ultra.
• G2 modelling technology.
• New amp models.
• 50 user cabs.
• Higher resolution CAB processing, according to FAS.
• Balanced rear inputs.
• AES digital input.
• Onboard USB.
• Recording capabilities including re-amping.
• Audio interface capabilities.
• Built-in backup memory.
• X-Y ‘channel switching’ in eight block types.
• ABCD Control Knobs.
• Headphone jack.
• Preset Directory and Swap.
• Independent OUT1, OUT 2 mono/stereo/phase controls.
• D/A pad/boost controls for better SNR.
• Selectable input impedance per-preset.
Pricing & Availability:
No info yet on a release date, but the manufacturer announces a price of $2199 for the Axe-FX II.
More details are available on www.fractalaudio.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.