Fractal Audio Systems Axe-Fx II
With twice the power of the former Axe-Fx Ultra, the Axe-Fx II incorporates new algorithms and an array of new hardware and software features.
This preamp and effects processor is designed to recreate guitar signal chains – stomp-boxes, amps, cabinets, mics, studio effects.
New features include:
• Dual DSP, twice the power of the Ultra.
• G2 modelling technology.
• New amp models.
• 50 user cabs.
• Higher resolution CAB processing, according to FAS.
• Balanced rear inputs.
• AES digital input.
• Onboard USB.
• Recording capabilities including re-amping.
• Audio interface capabilities.
• Built-in backup memory.
• X-Y ‘channel switching’ in eight block types.
• ABCD Control Knobs.
• Headphone jack.
• Preset Directory and Swap.
• Independent OUT1, OUT 2 mono/stereo/phase controls.
• D/A pad/boost controls for better SNR.
• Selectable input impedance per-preset.
Pricing & Availability:
No info yet on a release date, but the manufacturer announces a price of $2199 for the Axe-FX II.
More details are available on www.fractalaudio.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- SPL Tonehunter Reducer SPL expands its "Power Soak” product line for guitar players with the Reducer, a passive power attenuator for guitar amps.
- EMG JH - James Hetfield Signature EMG introduces its new JH Signature pickup set, designed in collaboration with Metallica leader James Hetfield.
- Delaney Matt "Guitar" Murphy Signature Delaney Guitars announced the release of its newest guitar, the Matt "Guitar" Murphy Signature Guitar.