Fender Ultra Gig Bags Strat/Tele

(1 review)
  • MGR/John Spencer-HerveMGR/John Spencer-Herve

Fender Strat Ultra

Fender Ultra Gig Bags Strat/TelePublished on 12/14/07 at 15:00
    I've been in bands for approximately 50 years (from age 11) ...starting when the only aspiration was to emulate Hank Marvin (not a bad thing!) After using various makes of guitar eventually obtaining a '63 Tele' (in '63) and still possess. Musical tastes since those early days have transformed into a liking for Steely Dan, Eagles, Larry Carlton, Jay Graydon and more recently Guthrie Govan (a good ol' Chelmsford born Brit). I'm yhinking of joining another band now the smoking ban has become the norm!
    ...and as always, I still don't expect to make any money!!!

...and as always, I still don't expect to make any money!!!

Strat Ultra 2nd of 2 (1st one stolen was Ebonyburst) is Blueburst and a good workhorse with enough tonal variations to satisfy the most picky of muso's. Purchased from a shop in Birmingham (U.K.) for the sum of £800.00 approx' and with h/c

The comfort this guitar provides was such that when purchasing it, I never even test drove it, knowing that it would be as good as the one which was stolen. The vibe unit is true and returns in tune no matter how frantically it's played. Like all solid Fender guitars, they will lay flat on a horizontal surface without putting any strain on the neck....a plus when space is at a premium!

If there is a complaint, then it's a cosmetic thing, and it appears to be on post produced CBS models inasmuch: - I would prefer to see the twelfth fret double dots sitting directly beneath the A & B strings as opposed to slightly towards centre of the afformentioned.... my old Tele' dots sit beneath the A & B and I think it's more Fender looking.
    'just a personal preferance you understand and nothing to mope about....

The feel of the guitar transmits to the player that it is a robust piece of kit, equal to and surpassing most of the other and new manufacturing luthiers..... you know what you're getting when buy Fender, I do!!!... I have four.

I would like to think that I've captured al that need to be said relating to this product.... I'm not even sure that this model is still in production if not, then that's sad. But, if it is then maybe more plugging is required, after all, I'm sure there are far too many "signature" guitars around becoming "old hat".

..... 'just an observation....

• MGR/LesterMGR/Lester

Fender Strat Ultra

Fender Ultra Gig Bags Strat/TelePublished on 10/01/02 at 15:00
    I had a need for a more sophisticated guitar to play in a more jazz-oriented way, and I also wanted the prossibilite for a more country-oriented sound. I mostly play an Les Paul, which have an excellent rock and heavy blues sound. The Strat Ultra with its three different pick-ups: a Blue Lace in neck, a Gold Lace in middle and a Red Lace Dually (humbucker) in bridge-position seemed to be the perfect choice for my wantings.

I like the soft and sophisticated sound of the Blue and Gold Lace pick-ups. They are more "cool" than the original Fender single coils and makes one sound almost as Walter Becker in Steely Dan (even if he uses other pick-ups). I also like the double-locking Fender Floyd Rose tremolo system - it has a perfect tuning even after hard attacks. The neck is wonderful: slim and maple with a ebony fingerboard - very fast and friendly.

I like everything with this guitar. I bought it used and the frets needed some adjustment by a luthier. The out-put jack was also replaced, but after these minor adjustments the instrument is in perfect shape. Perhaps it can be even better. I am planning to put another pick-up in the bridge position, since the Red Lace Dually is somewhat weak - it sounds good but is "sophisticated" like everything else on this guitar. Perhaps I will change to a DiMarzio Air Zone, which have more output and more distorsion and also have more harmonic overtones. It also has lower magnetic string pull, whick gives a "singing" sustain, according to the producer - it consequently seem to sound like a Lace pick-up, whick also has a lower string pull and more sustain. Then, perhaps, this guitar will have all possibilities. Right now it is almost too sophisticated?

The construction and quality of this instrument is wonderful. It has a clear and solid tone also without amplifier. It will hold for more than 50 years, but will of course need some reparations sometimes.

The Fender Strat Ultra was a very good intention to have an instrument with lots of opportunities for different sounds. Everything on the guitar is solid quality and it sounds extra-ordinary good. The owner still must remember that this a guitar for the sophisticated player. It can with the help of different overdrivers and distorsion-pedals start to sound like heavy metal, but, according to my opinion, that is not the soul of this instrument. But perhaps it´s possible to put a more aggressive pick-up in the bridge position, and have it all. One still has to remember to listen carefully so that the instrument does not lose it soul? I still give it a 5, it is a fantastic instrument.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)
Advertising (Google Ads)
Marketing (Meta Pixel)

On our websites, we use the Meta Pixel. The Meta Pixel is a remarketing pixel implemented on our websites that allows us to target you directly via the Meta Network by serving ads to visitors of our websites when they visit the social networks Facebook and Instagram. The meta pixel are code snippets which are able to identify your browser type via the browser ID - the individual fingerprint of your browser - and to recognise that you have visited our websites and what exactly you have looked at on our websites. When you visit our websites, the pixel establishes a direct connection to Meta's servers. Meta is able to identify you by your browser ID, as this is linked to other data about you stored by Meta on your Facebook or Instagram user account. Meta then delivers individualised ads from us on Facebook or on Instagram that are tailored to your needs.

We ourselves are not in a position to identify you personally via the meta pixel, as apart from your browser ID no other data is stored with us via the pixel.

For more information about the Meta Pixel, the details of data processing via this service and Meta's privacy policy, please visit Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Facebook and Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Instagram.

Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd. is a subsidiary of Meta Platforms, Inc. based in the USA. It cannot be ruled out that your data collected by Facebook will also be transmitted to the USA.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)

Advertising (Google Ads)