Tech 21 Boost D.L.A. Tap Tempo

All user reviews for the Tech 21 Boost D.L.A. Tap Tempo

• Tech 21 Boost D.L.A. Tap TempoPublished on 04/12/11 at 18:00
    100% analog delay from tech 21.

specs:

Uniquely combines delay and clean boost, up to 9dB, in one pedal.
    • Custom tailor a wide variety of delay styles, such as digital, tape and bucket brigade.
    • Highly sensitive controls provide a broader range of tweakability and maximum flexibility.
    • 100% analog Mix, Feedback, Tone and Level controls for warm, organic sounds.
    • Up to 1000 milliseconds of continuously-variable delay time.
    • Flutter introduces modulation which adds a slight shimmering/chorus-like effect of a vintage tape echo.
    • Mix control ranges from 100% dry to 100% wet.
    • 1megOhm high-impedance 1/4” input, same as traditional tube amplifiers.
    • 1kOhm low-impedance 1/4” output......
    100% analog delay from tech 21.

specs:

Uniquely combines delay and clean boost, up to 9dB, in one pedal.
    • 100% analog Mix, Feedback, Tone and Level controls for warm, organic sounds.
    • Up to 1000 milliseconds of continuously-variable delay time.
    • Mix control ranges from 100% dry to 100% wet.
    • 1megOhm high-impedance 1/4” input, same as traditional tube amplifiers.
    • 1kOhm low-impedance 1/4” output drives long cables without loss of signal integrity, even in bypass.
    • Custom, silent-switching actuator.
    • Buffered bypass eliminates the shortcomings associated with “true bypass” (pops and clicks, and high-end loss when multiple pedals are connected together), as well as signal loss associated with other types of switching circuits.
    • Heavy duty, all metal construction.
    • Operable with 9V alkaline battery (not included) or optional DC power supply

Very easy to use with the functions provided.

The flutter is a very different unique function that isn't available on regular delay pedals so it's nice to have something like that come with the price of a regular delay.

The actual boost option i don't find too useful I haven't found a way to use it as of yet. I don't know anybody that needs to actually boost their delay signal. It seems sort of like an after thought of adding a clean boost in a delay pedal.

The Tap tempo button is also very smooth and not noisy when clicking. Don't really need the manual for something like this.

The triplets function is cool too, great for those u2-like rhythms!

Trails is also something that I look for in a delay pedal. It only seems natural to me for a delay pedal to still trail off when it's turned off. A lot of regular delays don't have this I think it's important.

I think it sounds great, clear and transparent. With clean or distortion.

Depending on how you set it, you can have the delay repeat forEVER or just for a bit for ambient things or for solos etc etc.

I use it primarily on clean or a mildly distorted guitar for mainly rhythmic passages etc.

Overall I think it's one of the better delays out there for the price. It is definitely an improved version of the older boost DLA. The construction is great too. It's almost too good to be true that I don't have to spend a boutique price for such a greatly made and great sounding pedal.

I haven't owned it for too long but I'm giving it a 9 just because in the back of my mind, I know there is something that is missing that keeps it from being perfect. I don't know what it is yet...but I just get this feeling that there's something! I may find it later on or I may never! Either way this newer boost delay is great for delay lovers!

This one isn't leaving my board anytime soon.