Xotic Effects SL Drive
Xotic Effects SL Drive
KirKill KirKill
Published on 08/04/14 at 02:36
JMP type drive pedal by Xotic
1 volume
1 tone
1 drive
4 configuration option using internal switch: Super Lead, Super Lead High / Mid cut, Super Lead Boost, Super Bass
True Bypass
9v power supply or battery 9v/18V sector

Fender 65 Deluxe, Gibson Les Paul Trad, Joe Perry, Slash ...

I'm a fan of the JMP that represents the 70s rock ... after his disappointment with the Tech21 Plexi I pulled on that one ... and both say that it is not there yet ... the sound in low gain is very good ie very light boost mode was a very good dynamic than it sounds if you looking for low gain with a grain Marshall is a good pedal, but my objective c ' more middle gain and there ... it hurts this pedal can not go further ... it's like for example you push a TS9 to max, result ... it does not sound rendering optimal c ' not beyond 12 on the drive ... after it's been rough and 18V mode does not change much about my ears it gives him a harder sound but not especially remarkable blah what ...

I know with Xotic EP booster remains a good boost, then it looks a bit the same cam with a little more control and more drive ... so it's still a boost with Marshall color with a low drive very musical gain by ... when you push against the beast that is average
As I'm tired of all these types Plexi pedal so Fuck ... I pulled on JMP 12w head (Fargen Amps) and the final I only kept my pedals Fulltone drive, and also a Rat Benrod to the lead