Dunlop JD Jazztones 208

All user reviews for the Dunlop JD Jazztones 208

Guitar Pick/Plectrum from Dunlop belonging to the JD Jazztones series.

• nickname009nickname009

Dunlop JD Jazztones 208Published on 01/30/12 at 01:49
    the 208! Finally a pick that I feel comfortable playing acoustic with and getting the proper sound out of. With acoustics, the tone is completely dependent on which type of pick you use and I've always hated using thin picks like some strummers, it just thins out the great bold and thickness of the acoustic guitar! There are many different picks out there, and I’ve tried nearly every pick under the sun for electrics and acoustics and although one day dream of a pick that would suit nearly every instrument, for now, I’ll have to settle for using the 208 for acoustics and other picks for electric etc. I've tried many different picks trying to get the most accurate sounding pick I could, something like if my thumb were striking the guitar but, with more volume then my thumb and maybe more clarity. I then discovered this 'jazz' pick which of course as by the the title it was given, gives of a really thick and warm soothing tone but with the sharp edge on it, brings enough presence to keep the note clear. I’m not sure what type of material is used, it looks like plastic like a tortex but seems much thicker and stronger. One beef with these picks is they’re advertised as super grippy, they are not, they’re quite the opposite, and it took me some time to get used to the feel to find a sweet spot for them to settle in the right position so they don’t go whaling around everywhere if I strum or pick hard. There's also the 207 which is similar but has a rounded tip. More on that later.....I'm very happy with the 208 for acoustics, it keeps the thick sound my Martin is supposed to have and projects!! What more does anybody need?