[NAMM] Railhammer Pickups
Joe Naylor (Reverend Guitars, Naylor Amps, All-Tone Speakers, Armor Gold Cables) has launched a new line of pickups aimed at the rock market.
Railhammer pickups feature a patent pending design designed to take advantage of a special combination of rails and poles.
Thin rails under the wound strings are designed to sense only a narrow section of string, reducing note smearing and muddiness.
Oversize 6mm diameter poles under the plain strings are designed to sense a wide section of string, increasing thickness and sustain. This fatter tone keeps the plain strings sounding fluid and full.
The tonal balance allows the player to adjust their amp for a tight percussive tone on the wound strings without the plain strings sounding thin, harsh or sterile, according to Joe Naylor.
The current line includes five different humbucker models.
- Height tapered steel rails
- 6mm dia. steel poles
- Polycarbonate bobbins
- Six screw German Silver baseplate
- Vacuum wax potted coils
- Alnico 5 or ceramic magnet depending on model
- Four-conductor wiring with independent ground
- Universal spacing that works with most any guitar
For more information: Railhammer
Viewers of this article also read...
- Video Fret-King [Black Label] Perception 5 @NAMM Video Fret-King [Black Label] Perception 5 @NAMM
- Video Fender [Artist Series] Johnny Marr Jaguar - Olympic White @NAMM Video Fender [Artist Series] Johnny Marr Jaguar - Olympic White @NAMM
- [NAMM] Reverend Sensei RA & Eastsider Reverend is launching two new special models at NAMM 2012.