Fryette Amplification Two Ninety Two
Fryette Amplification Two Ninety Two
over-dream over-dream
Published on 10/24/06 at 10:10
- Amplifier power tube.

- 2x98 watt or 2x60 watts.

- Connection of the most complete (2-entries for the two-channel, two speaker outputs (with selectable impedance 4, 8 or 16ohms). In other words, it's stereo, with 2 speaker outputs per channel, 4 outputs in the end ... (you can imagine the sound barrier created with 4x12 4 connected to the bottom of 2 90 2: D)

- Adjustments to p'tits onions ... :

-> A standby channel
-> 1 switch 2x98 W> 2 * 60 W, for those who would be afraid of the power
-> 1 part per channel (which the race is progressive, very nice to not have fun eardrums ...)
-> Presence: to boost the high end (high-mid, treble)
-> Depth: depth of sound. Specifically, it inflates the low end (bass ...). At 50% of the race, you get very tense low, although present (thank you KT88), 70% and the low becomes a space-saving.
-> Voicing: On, the sound becomes more Aggressive, what most modern ... Boost the mids for the metal quite modern, it's really the foot.
-> Level-20dB: To further reduce the power ...

Only gripe, no footswitch (or anything planned for), go from one channel to another if needed ... Well, I quibble of course, and an AB box will do, but hey, it's style to that there is a "default" anyway;) (-1 for that).

- Configuration is very simple, the power amp is very full, but everything remains easy to configure.

- Sound ... We will come back later, but the VHT what: D

- Manu ... manu-what? The white paper with the logo VHT? Oh yes, very comprehensive and aesthetic ...

- Sound level, his holy kingdom is the metal of course ... The clean sounds are quite right, do not expect a chopper's Fenderien with this power amp, even with a preamp 'properly, it comes out really pretty.

- I use it with a guitar LAG RockLine Metalmaster, equipped with DiMarzio Tone Air easel, very rich in low-and midrange with a big potato. Also used with CORT X11, and soon an ESP EMG81/60. Not really guitars jazzeux, I admit, but here we speak of Poweramp metal par excellence.

- Be careful, it sounds VHT: to love! It is very accurate, very straight and ultra dynamic, love, fans of Marshall & Mesa, p'tetre must look elsewhere for sounds slimy and rough ... With my setup, I get a metal sound very modern, very heavy and accurate, some would say neo-metal ... Yes why not, it could work, although the neo metal with surgical precision;)

I put 10, with due consideration that VHT is intended for a precise and sharp sound (like in ENGL). For fans of sounds grimey and very runny, Poweramp this is probably not for you, m'enfin, why not after all ...

- I use 2 90 2 for 6-7 weeks, it rolled nickel.

- I love chirurgicalité the VHT, which affects some cons with the sounds clean, but ... For sounds clean "of metalheads" chorus, no worries eh, for jazzeux, be avoided on the other hand.

- I tried the Marshall and Mesa (the 2:50), not like the masses ... Too poor (for me anyway) and too mushy for what I want. I want to try one a day to see Engl, it must approach the VHT without doubt.

- Purchased at Gillou (www.audiotubetech.com (http://www.audiotubetech.com)), with its famous reduction 'forumers, the price is very competitive, cheaper than most of the competition, while it sounds better (for metal or heavy rock I hear) what you ask?

- With experience, I would buy perhaps a second, in case the first broke down live: D