Planet Waves CT-04 Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Planet Waves CT-04 Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Publié le 06/07/09 à 20:06
The Planet Waves Chromatic Pedal Tuner is overall a great tuner for bringing out on the road and using for live shows because it is very well lit and user friendly.  I find that using this on stage is really easy although I use it mostly in the recording studio.  The pedal has standard 1/4 inch connections and is built pretty well overall as I've never had any problems related to the sturdiness of this pedal.  It has a few different modes so that you can choose one that suits your needs best and has true bypass so it won't change or degrade your tone in anyway.  While not usually known for making pedals, Planet Waves generally makes well made gear and I would say that the Planet Waves Chromatic Pedal Tuner falls in line with this.  The price of the Planet Waves Chromatic Pedal Tuner is one of the best parts about it as it is very reasonably priced which is usually not the case when it comes to Planet Waves made products.  When compared to the Boss TU-2 chromatic tuner that is similar in use and make up I would probably choose the TU-2 because it has a cleaner interface in my opinion, although both get the job done effectively and the only difference is personal preference.  This pedal is actually cheaper than the TU-2 which also adds to its allure and is surprising because of how well made it is and the smart design.  My only complaint when compared to the TU-2 is that it can't power other pedals, but since Planet Waves doesn't make other pedals this isn't something that I would expect.  The only thing that I don't like about the pedal is that at first the circle pattern configuration can be confusing but after playing with it for a little while I didn't have too much trouble.  Whether you are an amateur or a professional I would recommend checking out the Planet Waves Chromatic Pedal Tuner as it is suitable for users with all types of experience.  Overall, the Planet Waves Chromatic Pedal Tuner is a well made tuner that will get the job done.