Musician Sound Design Silvermachine
Musician Sound Design Silvermachine
Anonymous
Published on 05/23/09 at 00:46
I am a collector of wah-wah. I have over 40, and some are rather rare. But it is this was the most difficult to find.
Behind Musician Sound Design is one man: Kurandt Hardy, based in Cologne, Germany. It is he who makes the pedals MSD unit and hand.
As for RMC Teese, Roger Mayer, the Buddha and other Zvex, these pedals are quite difficult to find as produced in small quantities. The MSD is increasingly distributed, and Hardy Kurandt little bit productive.

To find this model, I first searched in France: not distributed. Then the U.S., no available and is posted on the website MSD they are no longer sold in the U.S. for now, without a distributor. I decided to speak directly to Hardy Kurandt. It takes my order, but ... more news. After 3 months of silence, I decided to restart it. He says he has health problems and it defers my order. Since then, no new ...
So I continue my research and finally find one in stock, Norway! And that's how I managed to get my little miracle.
Also note that there was a production under the single name Kurandt (go see on the site Franco-German Musik Productiv). But no luck for fans, I also acquired the latest model they had left: this pedal is really fantastic and I prefer to have a second on hand in case of failure.

- Fully analog
- Flip-sensing optical
- Mechanical Switch or switchless
- 3 position selector Earth: a swept frequency band. 207 - 3570 Hz 2. 360 - 3570 Hz 3. 256 - 1750 Hz
- Quake 4 position selector: Q between 0.8 and 6 = Q depth wah
- Fashion Classic or Modern (mix dry signal and wah)
- Control of the mixture effect / dry wah for Modern Fashion
- 1 input, 2 outputs in parallel
- Powered by 9V battery or adapter (not supplied transformer)

Very solid metal casing, solid construction, nice finish, all steel. A great pedal!

Usage is very simple and intuitive.
Selectors frequency and Q factor are not progressive and have "only" a few possibilities, but what opportunities! I assure you it is hard to beat.
The scale is significant, progressive and effective: a model.
The switchless mode is very sensitive. It is close to the G-Lab system, and therefore more practical than the system as the Morley pedal can be activated in any position. The activation by mechanical switches or system is silent switchless.

Another plus: Four little paws under the pedal can be rotated to fix the screws, the housing to a pedal board. Well done!

One of the best wah I know, at the Roger Mayer, RMC, Fulltone and other Voodoo Lab.
Most of the pedal: his very personal and versatility.

Here we do not find yet another copy of Vox Clyde McCoy, but an original tone, rather vintage.
Earth and Quake selectors are incredibly effective and make this wah pedal with many faces. Again, nothing usual, new sounds and all superb.

Modern mode that allows mixing the dry signal to the wah effect (can also be found on this possibilté Roger Mayer Vision Wah) brings a little finesse and discretion to a wah effect that can sometimes be too little and this subtle . This helps keep some of the dynamics and richness of the original sound. Again, a rare versatility.

One of the best wahs market. Solid, well built, well presented, offering original and sounds great. A must-wah. A factory in Wah-Wah "outside the box and re-fought.

A marvel not found. Almost the holy grail of wah!