[NAMM] Gretsch George Harrison Signature Duo Jet
Gretsch celebrates the legacy of George Harrison with the G6128T-GH George Harrison SIGNATURE Duo Jet guitar, modeled on the instrument that the legendary guitarist often referred to as his “first real decent guitar.”
Features include distinctive appointments and modifications found on Harrison’s original 1957 Gretsch Duo Jet, which he purchased secondhand in the very early 1960s.
- Mid-’50s-style chambered body
- All-black color scheme (arched maple top, mahogany back and sides, and back of the one-piece mahogany neck)
- Bigsby B3C tailpiece with a black Phillips head tremolo arm pivot bolt, and an offset strap button on lower bout.
- Three-ply body binding (white-black-white)
- Single-ply white neck and headstock binding
- 22-fret rosewood fingerboard with 12” radius and hump-block pearloid inlays
- Two single-coil DynaSonic pickups,
- Vintage-style “rocking bar” bridge with rosewood base
- Silver plexi pickguard
- Chrome-plated Grover V98CM Sta-Tite™ tuners
- Gretsch “G” arrow control knobs, chrome-plated hardware,
- Harrison’s signature on the truss rod cover and a premium tweed case.
For more info see: Gretsch
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Alesis Introduces AcousticLink Alesis introduces the AcousticLink, new digital recording equipment for guitar players.
- G&L ASAT Deluxe Carved Top G&L has unveiled the latest addition to the Tribute Series guitars: the ASAT Deluxe Carved Top.
- [NAMM] Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister Series Hughes & Kettner has announced the new Tubemeister line of amps.