[NAMM] Hamer Talladega Pro
Based on Hamer's Talladega model, the Talladega Pro offers a humbucking alternative, and it supplies classic mahogany and maple, humbucking tones, according to Hamer.
The Talladega Pro features an ivoroid bound, honduras mahogany body matched to an arched, figured maple top. The ivoroid bound 25 1/2" scale mahogany neck is hand-carved to a '56 V shape and set into the body with a full dovetail (glued) joint.
The straight grained rosewood fingerboard is adorned with Hamer's "Victory" inlays and fretted with wide-oval frets.
Electronics include two custom wound Seymour Duncan humbucking pickups, with 2 volumes, 2 tones (Sprague Orange Drop Caps) and three way toggle wired in the "period correct" configuration. The single piece aluminum wraparound bridge is by TonePros, as are the Kluson tuners.
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Fingerboard Radius: 14 1/2"
- Fret Material & Dimensions: Hamer Wide Oval: .100" x .050"
- Body Lgth/Wdth/Thcknss: 16.6" x 13.4" x 2.250"
- Neck Shape / Thickness: '56 V Shape, 1.680" at Nut
- Case: GC4-0
- Finishes: Washed Ic'd T
No pricing info yet.
For more info, check out www.hamerguitars.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Daisy Rock Wildwood Artist Deluxe Daisy Rock has debuted its Wildwood Artist Deluxe Acoustic/Electric Guitar at the 2009 NAMM Show.
- [NAMM] Hamer Talladega The idea behind the Talladega, according to Hamer, was to "balance a warm-toned chambered mahogany body with a maple neck as a way of getting both an airy snap and a rich fundamental."
- [NAMM] Takamine 2009 Limited Edition Takamine is releasing its 2009 Limited Edition 6-string electro-acoustic guitar.