or
Create an account

or

Thread Recording Problem. When Recording a second Track

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Recording Problem. When Recording a second Track
[color=blue]When I attempt to record using Cakewalk 9 I get the first track down ok. When I record a second track I also get the first track recorded onto the second track. How can I stop this from happening. I think that I may be setting up my mixer connections to soundcard incorrectly.

To record the first track I connect in the following way. Line 1 IN on the mixer connects to the left channel out on the soundcard and then right control room out on the mixer to right audio in on the soundcard. Have you any information, illustrations etc on setting up this mixer in a way to solve my problem. I have tried various connection combinations for the second track but without success. Should I be panning the first track either full left or right so I can still hear it/monitor it but not record it, whilst I record the second track only? Could someone please explain this to me as I am a complete novice to recording.

I am using a small 2 track behringer mixer with an Audiophile soundcard. I think that it may be more difficult to lay a second track down with this mixer

Thank you
regards from

Kile [/color]
i think itds a software configuration problem, when you engage record in the software, make sure that track 1 is muted from the main mix, and that you can only listen to it through a monitoring cue...