[NAMM] Railhammer Pickups
Joe Naylor (Reverend Guitars, Naylor Amps, All-Tone Speakers, Armor Gold Cables) has launched a new line of pickups aimed at the rock market.
Railhammer pickups feature a patent pending design designed to take advantage of a special combination of rails and poles.
Thin rails under the wound strings are designed to sense only a narrow section of string, reducing note smearing and muddiness.
Oversize 6mm diameter poles under the plain strings are designed to sense a wide section of string, increasing thickness and sustain. This fatter tone keeps the plain strings sounding fluid and full.
The tonal balance allows the player to adjust their amp for a tight percussive tone on the wound strings without the plain strings sounding thin, harsh or sterile, according to Joe Naylor.
The current line includes five different humbucker models.
- Height tapered steel rails
- 6mm dia. steel poles
- Polycarbonate bobbins
- Six screw German Silver baseplate
- Vacuum wax potted coils
- Alnico 5 or ceramic magnet depending on model
- Four-conductor wiring with independent ground
- Universal spacing that works with most any guitar
For more information: Railhammer
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.