Marshall VS100RH
Marshall VS100RH

Hybrid Guitar Amp Head from Marshall belonging to the ValveState II series.

MGR/Jim MGR/Jim

« Marshall Valvestate 100 Watt Limited Edition Half Stack »

Published on 06/26/02 at 15:00
My friend and bass player in my band told me about a great deal at a local Music-Go-Round. I needed a new amp and I was looking for a good amp that would handle a lot of raw tones, specifically distortion. I was lucky to find that the stack was only $460.00 used. It was the best deal I ever made in my life.

I love the overdrives, I switch between both of them, and the reverb is great too. The cab and the head are both super-light and easy to haul around. It is very good in keeping up its look. I have many shows and it has yet to loose parts or get damaged. It's a Marshall, so I knew it would hold up well.

I really dont like the clean channel on it too much. I don't really use it a lot, but there is a crackle to it whenever I hit a chord too hard, and it is really annoying. It was most likely the result from the previous owner of the amp, I knoiw the amp was not built with the defect in the channel.

The cabinet and the head are both covered in white. That is why it is so special. It is a limited edition that came out of Musician's Friend. It is just like any other Marshall half stack in the AVT series. It is very sturdy.

The bottom line is I am happy I bought it. It has a lot of power and it can fit any type of music that you are into. I definitely recommend this amp.