[Musikmesse] L-Acoustics LA-AES3 AES/EBU
L-Acoustics introduced a new LA-AES3 AES/EBU input card at Prolight + Sound / Musikmesse at Frankfurt.
First in the family of optional extensions for LA4 and LA8 amplified controllers, LA-AES3 offers one AES/EBU stereo input and one AES/EBU thru port (link) to connect an LA4 or LA8 to a digital mixing desk or audio distribution network, while maintaining a digital signal path.
Main features include:
- One AES/EBU input, compliant with AES3, AES11 and IEC 60958 (S/PDIF) specifications, ESD protected
- AES/EBU to analogue input automatic fallback option, with constant delay
- Hardware sample rate converter accepting program sampled from 44.1 kHz up to 192 kHz
- Adjustable gain: - 12.0 dB to + 12.0 dB by 0.1 dB steps
- One AES/EBU thru, electronically buffered with failsafe relay, ESD protected
- Maximum cable length: up to 300 m (with certified cables dedicated to AES/EBU transport)
- One USB port (reserved for future applications)
Availability: June 2010
For more information please visit: www.l-acoustics.com
Post a comment
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?