Terratec Producer EWX 24/96
Terratec Producer EWX 24/96
Kidk Kidk
Publié le 11/09/01 à 02:02
The EWX 24/96, as its name implies (or not) is a PCI card comes with 24-bit 96kHz GigaSampler LE, Fruity Loops 3 LE, WaveLab Lite, Emagic MicroLogic FUN and Arturia Storm Light. The drivers are, to my knowledge, for all versions of Windoze, I do not know if they exist for MAC. Natively they support ASIO 2 and GSIF (GigaSampler).

Connectivity issue is very simple but well thought out:

- 1 input / 1 stereo analog output synch
- 1 input / 1 optical digital output

The map still has an optical connector internally.

Obviously this is a card that does not much, but does it well.

If you can install a card in your computer, you know how to install the EWX. The connection is as simple as the user manual and the biggest problem you'll face will be prompted to connect your CD player to the EWX.

Moreover, the EWX cohabiting without any problem with my SoundBlaster Live Platinum.

GETTING STARTED

It is only a few months that I use EWX and I've never encountered problems with drivers.

With my config rather balèze (PIII, 800MHz, 128 Mb RAM, 40 MB HD) and the version included in bundle GigaSampler in Cubase I obtain a lower latency 10ms. Latencies increased slightly with FruityLoopy.

As the number of tracks read / simultaneous recording, I am not yet reached the limits of the map. The

EWX is a simple card that does not do much but does it well.

By purchasing EWX I wanted a capture card digital audio quality at an affordable price. For the 350 CHF (approx. 1400FF) that I spent, I feel I have much for my money. The recordings are of sound quality quite suitable to my needs with an extremely low noise level.

I can only recommend this card to the budding engineers.

PS: to the extent I also have an SB Live Platinum I do not use all the capabilities of the Games / Multimedia's EWX.