Apex Electronics 435
rootsgora rootsgora

«  it depends »

Publié le 05/27/10 à 09:43
see the features mentioned by others

I use it for 1 year and a half already in my home studio in Senegal.
I use it for rapping, singing and lots of acoustic instruments (guitar, kora, percussion, traditional instrument)
This is my first studio microphone.
I use a samson c valve preamp.
I find this mic very different depending on the vocals recorded.
Unpleasant to catch hip hop edgy but fun for choirs or female vocals.&nbsp;
Very sensitive microphone.
The + is for real&nbsp;acoustic&nbsp;instruments. &nbsp;I am very satisfied with its rendering with a traditional guitar or kora (ngoni khalam ...) is quite impressive for the price of this mic.
Even for Percussion by finding the proper placement and setting it gives good results very nice.
I give it 9 stars for the instrument but 6 for vocals.
At this price the AC is definitely worth a versatile mic, but to record vocals, I would advise other mics.
With experience, I'll buy this microphone for its low price but I regret my decision to purchase this for my vocal takes, I prefer to use my good old Shure SM58.