Schoeps V4 U studio vocal microphone
Schoeps showcases at SATIS in France its new V4 U small-diaphragm condenser vocal microphone with a retro look.
Fans of the brand will recognize in the V4 U look the CM 51/3 manufactured by Schoeps in 1951, with a head that swivels on aroung ± 20°. Besides this vintage touch, the microphone is very modern and uses a newly-developed 33m capsule which design allows for the microphone to reach the same performance as a large-diaphragm microphone, specially in the high-end.
The electronic also results from new developments, with innovative balanced output circuit.
- Condenser vocal microphone
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Frequency range: 50Hz - 22kHz
- Sensitivity: 16 mV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level: 15dB A-weighted
- Max SPL: 144dB SPL @ 0.5% THD
- Low-cut at 40Hz
- Dimensions: 194mm length, 34mm diameter, 45mm width for the head
- Weight: 302g
The price announced is $3000 and the V4 U is expected in December, with a choice of two black and blue finishes. Schoeps will ship is in a wooden box with a choice of clamp or suspension. Full details are available at www.schoeps.de.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Nagra introduces its new Seven 2-channel recorder Nagra is attending Satis in France where they introduce the new generation of digital portable recorders, the two-channel Nagra Seven.
- DPA Classic Touring microphone kits A few days ago, we introduced the DPA d:vote Rock Touring microphone kits. The brand launches today a version for classical ensembles.
- The top large-diaphragm condenser microphones between $150 and $300 (€100 and €200) An indispensable tool in any studio, condenser mics allows us to record vocals as well acoustic instruments. Today, many brands offer large-diaphragm FET condenser mics for home studios on moderate budgets. Here are the results of our survey regarding your favorite large-diaphragm condenser mics between $150 and $300 (€100 and €200).