New Sennheiser MK 8 condenser mic
Sennheiser unveils today at the NAB Show 2014 in Las Vegas a new condenser, large diaphragm and multi-pattern studio microphone.
The MK 8 offers 5 polar patterns and includes a three-position low-cut/roll-off filter as well as a two-position pad. Its 24-carat gold sputtered elastically mounted capsule hosts a dual diaphragm.
- Condenser microphone
- 1” diaphragm
- Pick-up patterns: omni-directional, wide cardioid, cardioid, super-cardioid, figure-of-eight
- Frequency response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 17.4 mV/Pa (–35 dBV)
- Maximum sound pressure level: 140 dB (pad: 0 dB)
- Equivalent noise level: 10 dBA, 16 dB CCIR
- Dynamic range: 130 dB
- Nominal impedance: 50 Ohms
- Min. terminating impedance: 1k Ohm
- Power supply: 48 V phantom power (P48)
- Low-cut/roll-off filter, switchable: roll-off: -6 dB/oct. from 100 Hz / low-cut: -18 dB/oct. from 60 Hz
- Switchable pad: 0 db, -10 dB, -20 dB
- Current consumption: 4.1 mA
- Diameter: approx. 57 mm
- Length: approx. 160 mm
- Weight: approx. 485 g
The Sennheiser MK 8 condenser microphone will be available this summer for 759€. More details at en-de.sennheiser.com/mk-8.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.