Sennheiser unveils today at the NAB Show 2014 in Las Vegas a new condenser, large diaphragm and multi-pattern studio microphone.
The MK 8 offers 5 polar patterns and includes a three-position low-cut/roll-off filter as well as a two-position pad. Its 24-carat gold sputtered elastically mounted capsule hosts a dual diaphragm.
- Condenser microphone
- 1” diaphragm
- Pick-up patterns: omni-directional, wide cardioid, cardioid, super-cardioid, figure-of-eight
- Frequency response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 17.4 mV/Pa (–35 dBV)
- Maximum sound pressure level: 140 dB (pad: 0 dB)
- Equivalent noise level: 10 dBA, 16 dB CCIR
- Dynamic range: 130 dB
- Nominal impedance: 50 Ohms
- Min. terminating impedance: 1k Ohm
- Power supply: 48 V phantom power (P48)
- Low-cut/roll-off filter, switchable: roll-off: –6 dB/oct. from 100 Hz / low-cut: –18 dB/oct. from 60 Hz
- Switchable pad: 0 db, –10 dB, –20 dB
- Current consumption: 4.1 mA
- Diameter: approx. 57 mm
- Length: approx. 160 mm
- Weight: approx. 485 g
The Sennheiser MK 8 condenser microphone will be available this summer for 759€. More details at en-de.sennheiser.com/mk-8.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.