DW Fearn launches a new tube mic preamp
DW Fearn has expanded its VT-2 tube mic preamp to four channels and introduces today the VT-24.
The VT-24 tube mic preamp retains from the VT-2 the same Jensen input and output transformers and the circuit. The four VU-meters are smaller than on the VT-1/VT-2, the meter switch has been removed but DW Fearn says that this new version sounds exactly the same as its siblings.
- 4 independent channels
- 8 tubes
- 19”, 3U rack format
- Jensen input and output transformers
- +48V phantom power
- -20dB pad
- Hi/Low-Z switch
- Polarity reverse
- 53dB of gain
- Input impedance: 150 Ohms
- Signal/noise ratio: 74dB minimum
- Equivalent noise level: -124dBm maximum
- Max output level: +22dBm (20k Ohm load)
The VT-24 is announced with a price of $8300. It should be available starting May worldwide. Visit www.dwfearn.com for further info.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.