Gibson relaunches the Les Paul Recording
Gibson USA brings up to date a guitar manufactured in the 1970s for musicians playing in studios, the Les Paul Recording.
The 2014 edition of the Les Paul Recording retains the original concept of the first model designed by Les Paul with some twists for modern musicians, including an output for direct to DAW recording.
- AA-grade maple top
- Mahogany body
- Set-in mahogany neck with SlimTaper ‘60s shape
- Rosewood fingerboard with 22 frets and trapezoid inlays
- Grover Kidney tuners with 14:1 ratio
- Black bindings on body and neck
- 2 new LP Recording hum buckers
- 2 volume and 2 tone knobs
- Fat Tap switch for pickup split, Phase reverse and Low-2 ground lift switches
- 3-way pickup switch
- Tune-O-Matic bridge with Bigsby B-7 vibrato
- Low-Z output with Jensen audio transformer for direct recording to a computer
- Second standard Hi-Z output
- Multiply black pickguards
- Natural finish
- Gibson hardshell included
MSRP announced by Gibson USA is $2799. You’ll find more info about this new edition at www.gibson.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] New Fender Stratocaster Select guitars The Stratocaster has a place of honor this year at Fender’s and to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the guitar, the brand launches new Select models.
- [NAMM] A new mystery guitar amp at Line 6’s Line 6 announces the debut at Winter NAMM 2014, on January 23rd, of a new guitar amp, via two mysterious pictures.
- Logidy launches a convolution reverb stompbox Logidy, the creator of the UMI3 MIDI controller pedal, introduces EPSi, its second product, which is an effect pedal based on convolution.