Gibson Les Paul Studio Classic '60s

Les Paul Studio Classic '60s, LP-Shaped Guitar from Gibson in the Les Paul series.

public price: $2,499 VAT
  • Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews for the Gibson Les Paul Studio Classic '60s

Average Score:5.0( 5/5 based on 2 reviews )
 2 reviews100 %
MGR/Butch Edwards12/29/2002

MGR/Butch Edwards's review"Gibson '60 Classic Les Paul"

Gibson Les Paul Studio Classic '60s
Purchased this instrument from a private owner, for $1300. I've wanted a Les Paul since 1976, but family obligations wouldn't permit it financially. Gibsons' have, and always will be a name synonymous with quality.

It's a 1999 model,Honeyburst finish scheme, hot alnico 496R-500T pickups, slim-taper neck, aged inlays and keys. The quality of this guitar is apparent from the first "hands-on". It has a beautiful grained book-matched Maple top,Honduran Mohogany body and neck.The Gibson logo on the headstock is inlayed, whereas my ES135 has a decal.Large frets compliment the slim neck,providing sure chording.The electronics appear to be first class with no interference in either the switch, or pots.And talk about sustain.....wow.

As with the few Les Pauls I've handled, this one is heavy,9 pounds or so. But I love it anyway!

I can honestly say that this Tennessee made instrument is just as well built as any that were made in Michigan prior to 1984.The stain and finish are excellent. There were no noticable flaws due to shoddy workmanship. Attention to detail is evident. However, the case SHOULD be standard equiptment, and not made out to be a "Bonus".

After waiting for over 26 years for a Les Paul,I'm just grateful for owning one. I believe that Gibsons' reputation and longevity in the business,is enough reason to purchase one of their instruments. The price is enough to qualify it as an investment, and should be treated as such.However, the case SHOULD be standard equiptment, and not made out to be a "Bonus", as these are high dollar instruments.

MGR/Adriano09/15/2002

MGR/Adriano's review"Gibson Les Paul Classic '60"

Gibson Les Paul Studio Classic '60s
I bought my used guitar in "Essemusic", Montebelluna (Italy) in May '02 for the price of 1400 Euro, case included.

The neck is fabulous, the whole guitar is very easy to play. Pickups are simply the finest I ever played and the sound's powerful but delicated at the same time. Finitures are just cool!

I can't find dislikes

Gibson name is also a warranty...

Buy this guitar and you'll never need another one! You'd better believe me