or
Create an account

or

Thread Vocal Microphone to PC Connection Problems!!

• 5 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Vocal Microphone to PC Connection Problems!!
Hi,

I recently bought a mic and want to connect it to my pc...I have all the cables/plugs I need (I think) but it won't work... I'm new to this and have no idea how to go about it and why it's not working or if I'm missing something, so if anyone has any idea... I'd be happy to hear from you!

Ok so to summarise

I have a Sennheiser e835s vocal mic
I have a microphone cable
I have a 1/4inch Mono plug to XLR socket adaptor
I have a 3.5mm Mono to 1/4inch stereo adaptor
I have a pc, with a microphone slot..

So I connected the mic to the cable, then connected the 1/4 inch mono plug to XLR socket adaptor on the end of that, then this connected to the 3.5mm mono to 1/4 inch stereo adapter and then I placed the end of that into my microphone slot on the pc.

My microphone however doesn't seem to work.

Do I need any other components? Do I have the right plugs?

Help! This is really frustrating!

Thanks for this reply.. but I really understand nothing about all that technical stuff!! I wouldn't have a clue about re-wiring and all that!!

The plugs that I have should work.. they all plug into one another wihtout any problem and are the right size etc.. and when I put the final one in my pc... it fits.. just no sound :-/

Maybe if I take pics of these plugs it might help? I'm just really confused at the moment, and I think someone who knows about this stuff could probably find the problem or solve it in maybe 2 mins, I just don't know the technical terms and definitions of any of this, so I'm probably not explaining it correctly :-/

:(
onboard mic inputs are designed to be used with the electret microphones which come with the soundcard package or with a separate microphone designed to be used with SoundBlaster soundcards, this is why you can hear a thing with your sennheiser.
Your can solve your problem in 2 ways:
1. using a mic pre-amp (expensive hi-quality solution)
2. using a small mixer (cheap solution)
I would probably go for the cheaper option!... What's the average cheapest I could get a mixer for? Are there any brands you would recommend?

https://www.thomann.de/gb/tamp_pa_4080.htm

This is something I was looking at getting too... would that mixer work for the pc?... and also, does this mean I'd need other cables/plugs or would the existing ones I have work?

Thanks for your help so far :)
look for small behringer mixers.

something like this is enough for you:
http://www.behringer.com/UB502/index.cfm?lang=ENG