[NAMM] A 500 Rack with USB interface by Aphex
Aphex introduced at NAMM the USB 500 Rack, a rack for 500 Series modules with built-in audio USB interface.
The Aphex USB 500 Rack allows you to connect you 500 Series modules directly to your DAW, while monitoring throught the built-in monitor section with volume, mono and dim functions, and two headphone amplifiers.
The USB 500 Rack also provides balanced XLR connections for use as a standard analog 500 Series rack.
- 6 x 8 Computer Audio Interface with 24-bit/96k solution : input to computer from 4 modules and stereo S/PDIF and output from computer to 4 modules, stereo analog and stereo S/PDIF
- Functions as a standard 500 Series rack
- Modules can be configured in series
- Empty slots can be used as line inputs to the computer (or hardwire bypass of an installed module)
- Two headphone outputs (HeadPod 4 technology)
- Volume, Mono and Dim for stereo analog output
- MIDI I/O
- 220mA of power per slot available when evenly distributed
More details available at www.aphex.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.