Troots-Effects, Dub-dedicated manufacturer
Created in 2008 by Tooney Roots, the little french company offers gear for Dub and Reggae producers as well as for DJs.
Mathieu Georges, aka Tooney Roots, is a french technician, sound engineer, musician and producer. He debuted with the recreation of famous sound generators from the 1970s: Sirens, Synare clones, synth drums…
As a Dub fan, he pays homage to King Tubby’s with his FT1 Dub Analog Filter, a multimode VCF with LFO and switch that recreates the passive “step” filter effects also used by the Jamaican sound engineer “Scientist”.
All Troots products are hand-made in the south of France in very small quantities and part of the work is outsourced to Marc Bareille, another famous electronics engineer (Analog Lab).
All the effets have a two-year warranty.
Products currently available are:
- SD1 Discrete Dub Siren : solid-state sound generator (LFO + VCO) for sirens, bips, tones… 150€
- TR7 Syndrum: op amp synth drum based on the Coron DS7 cloned by Marc Bareille. 230€
- FT1 Dub Filter: discrete analogue VCF with LP/BP/HP/Phazing + LFO & Step Cut (similar to a cutoff knob but with an 8-way switch, all voltage controlled). 370€
- AD1 Echo: emulates tape echos and Bucket Bridade Delays, Lo-Fi echo with LPF over feedback + LFO to emulate wow, tremolo, chorus… 250€
Full info about Troots-Effects are available at www.troots-effects.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Roland unveils AIRA series After weeks of teasers, Roland unveiled the AIRA series, featuring four products that provide classic Roland sounds inside modern hardware designs.
- Producer/engineer Jesse Cannon on mixing, mastering, and his upcoming free seminar An interview with producer/engineer Jesse Cannon (Animal Collective, The Cure, The Misfits, Man Overboard) where he discusses mixing, mastering and his upcoming free online seminar.
- Roland releases photo of Aira series Roland released another Aira teaser photo, this one showing multiple products.