Di Donato Electric Guitar
Di Donato, a luthier's company in Venice, Italy, has launched a new electric guitar applying concepts from their experience crafting violas and cellos.
The instrument is built with a casted aluminum body and an upper wood element for ergonomics and tonality. The aluminum body is countered similar to the soundboard of a violin and designed to transfer vibrations to and from other parts of the instrument.
The neck, which is attached to the aluminum part of the body, is almost headless and features a proprietary locking system. Di Donato says this makes the guitar more balanced in weight and tonal response. The necks are made by hand with "tap tested" pieces of wood.
Every instrument is handcrafted and customizable, down to the handmade pots and interchangeable electronics. The pickups are mainly single-coil and are also hand-wound by Di Donato. The company describes them as between a P-90 and Jazzmaster-style pickup, though they say they are also working on a dual blade humbucker.
- NUT WIDTH: 1.65"
- NECK: 25” scale, quartersawn kaya mahogany
- FRETBOARD: 10" radius, Indian rosewood
- FRETS: Stainless, Gold Evo
- TUNERS: ABM Headless Bridge
- BODY: Aluminum and kaya mahogany
- PICKUPS: dual didonato JP90 single coil (AWG42 heavy formwar wire, A4 magnets)
- CONTROLS: 1 Volume & 1 Tone, 3-way toggle
- BUILT: Made in Italy
- WEIGHT: 6.61 lbs
- FACTORY STRINGS: Elixir Nanoweb, .010-.046
- NECK WOOD: Quartersawn maple or Spanish cedar
- FRETBOARD WOOD: Madagascar rosewood, Amazon rosewood, maple, or pau ferro
- BODY WOOD: Korina, alder, or maple
- PICKUPS: Single-coil or humbucker (plain enamel, polysol wire, A2, A3, A5, A8, or ceramic magnets)
For more information: Di Donato
Viewers of this article also read...
- Lollar El Rayo Humbucker Pickup Lollar pickups announce the release of the new “El Rayo” humbucking guitar pickups.
- Demeter TGA 2.1 The new TGA-2.1 is now available with five different power amp sections and two different preamp styles.
- TC Electronic iB Modified G-System & Nova Delay TC Electronic's G-System and Nova Delay not come in limited versions with input buffer tweaks.