Agrandir
Music Nomad All purpose flanne non treated edgeless cloth.

All user reviews for the Music Nomad All purpose flanne non treated edgeless cloth.

• MountAnDewMeMountAnDewMe

Put one in every case at this price.

Music Nomad All purpose flanne non treated edgeless cloth.Published on 08/06/12 at 07:13
    There is something that most string instrument players fail to do and complain about the results regularly. That complaint is about how fast their strings go bad and need to be changed. Strings are costly and let’s face it we all would rather spend our time playing than doing maintenance. We all should take one precautionary step that would ensure longer wear from one of the most essential components of our instruments, wipe the sweat off your string before you put them away.

Here is where a cloth like this will provide years of cost effective benefit to any sting instrument owner. This flannel cloth by Music Nomad comes in at a poultry $2.50 and is strong enough to withstand the rigors of running over our string on a regular basis. I purchased one of these for every one of my string instrument cases and on to sit on top of each of my practice areas just to remind me to wipe down after each use. The main reason our strings corrode is the sweat we leave behind and forget about. Just wiping regularly will extend your string life a great deal. I find that my regular untreated guitar string last twice as long and sound good through their life cycle. I use the Steve Harris custom strings for my bass by Rotosound and at the cost of less then one set of those justified buying enough cloths for my collection..

These cloths are soft and do not have a knitted edge however I do not use them for cleaning the finish on my instruments. I believe they are nice enough to do that with but I prefer to use a micro fiber cloth for that purpose. I have used many brands for string cleaning in the past but I refuse to reuse those for any other applications. Considering the price these are a perfect solution for a necessary maintenance part of ownership easily forget to do that does pay us back in spades.