Shure SM27

All user reviews for the Shure SM27

• sw80sw80

impressed me from day 1

Shure SM27Published on 03/03/13 at 22:21
    The Shure SM27 is a large diaphragm condenser microphone that comes with a shock mount, case and bag to put in for travel. The build of this microphone surprised me because it seems to be made out of heavier materials and nothing is cheap about it. The SM 27 has a uniform cardioids pattern that is great with off axis rejection and not allowing all of those unwanted noises to be recorded or heard.

I have used this microphone around 15 different times and it has never let me or my group down. It is a great microphone to record vocals with. All of our vocals have been recorded very clean with this microphone and we have been using it for about 3 years now. We can even get great acoustic guitar recordings with it depending on microphone placement. We get the best sound when the guitar is about 10 to 14 inches away from this microphone. I do recommend this microphone to anyone who is a guitarist (acoustic) and vocalist wanted a multiple purpose microphone that they can have for their home set up to record songs with. This microphone looks great and is built to last a long time. It has a solid construction and brushed matte look to it keeping it shiny and scratch free.
    Out of all of the times we have used it and all of the people that I have heard that have used it in the past. Not once has anyone not sounded good with this microphone. Now this isn’t the first choice microphone in this price range but if a studio has this microphone I will never say I don’t want to record with it because I already know how good it is with instruments and vocals. I do not own this microphone at the current moment but another studio that I got to frequently uses it a lot. The frequency response is 20 to 20,000 Hz and it has a cardioid polar pattern.