Crest Audio CKd Series
Crest Audio announces the CKd Series of multi-channel, networkable power amplifiers.
The CKd Series offers four multi-channel models. The CKd 1208 and CKd 1204 provide 1,250 watts per channel in eight and four channels, respectively, while the CKd 608 and CKd 604 provide 625 watts per channel in eight and four channels. Each amplifier channel will operate to rated power in direct 70-volt, 100-volt, 8-ohm or 4-ohm modes, configurable per channel.
CKd amplifiers are networkable through the new Crest Audio Nx Dante-8 NexSys control module to the Crest Audio NexSys 5 and Peavey MediaMatrix NWare software programs for advanced control and audio routing. The Nx Dante-8 module fits into the rear bay of CKd Series power amps and supports all NexSys functions, DSP functions and Dante digital audio I/O via 1 Gigabit Ethernet connection.
A Control Voltage input is included on each channel to allow external gain control, while the Fault output on each channel allows the CKd power amps to be wired to other monitoring systems. In addition, users can conserve energy by disabling channels that are not in use.
The CKd Series includes Crest Audio's ACL (Active Clip Limiting), designed to reduce gain at the onset of clipping to prevent amplifier and load damage, and IGM (Instantaneous Gain Modulation), which monitors load current to protect against overloading.
The CKd Series amplifiers and Nx Dante-8 module are backed by Crest Audio's five-year warranty, and will be available in Q4 2011 from authorized Crest Audio dealers.
- CKd 1208: eight channels of 1,250 watts (4 and 8 ohms)
- CKd 1204: four channels of 1,250 watts (4 and 8 ohms)
- CKd 608: eight channels of 625 watts (4 and 8 ohms)
- CKd 604: four channels of 625 watts (4 and 8 ohms)
- Class D design
- NexSys Module Bay
- Accepts NxCobraNet-8 and NxDante-8 modules for remote monitoring and control, DSP and digital audio transport
- Mode configurable per channel
- High Impedance: Direct 100V or Direct 70V – 1.4V sensitivity, 70Hz HPF
- Low Impedance: 8 Ohms, 4 Ohms – x40 gain
- Tour Class Protection Circuits
- ACL, IGM, Short circuit, DC protect, Auto-Ramp, Current in-rush on/off, thermal management
- Front and rear display
- Front mounted circuit breakers
- Sequential Turn On /Off (STO) – Connections for remote power control
- Control Voltage input per channel for external gain control
- Fault Output relay per channel for connections to other monitoring systems
- Detented gain potentiometer on each channel (accessible via rear panel)
- Euro input connection and barrier strip output connections
- All models are standard 2RU rack height and offer front to side cooling
Viewers of this article also read...
- NWare on Digitool Digital Audio Processors The new Digitool digital audio processors from Peavey Architectural Acoustics bring world-class NWare processing and network control to mid-market contractor and live sound reinforcement applications.
- Crest Adds Pro-Lite 3.0 to new Amplifier Series Crest Audio announces the Pro-Lite 3.0 and Pro-Lite 3.0 DSP power amplifiers, featuring class D design with a switch-mode power supply designed to reduce weight.
- Tannoy OCV Series At InfoComm 2011 in Orlando, Tannoy unveils a new range of ‘open ceiling’ hanging-pendant loudspeakers, the OCV Series, in a self-contained cylindrical enclosure.